The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thorkil,
I read and understand every word. This forum that Guy and Jack keep alive, well maybe they might feel some kind of way about this. When I was Admin at Amin's forums, I would kill this post. If the mod squad here does delete it, don't be offended.

Anyway....where the heck are the photos to go along with this post......
I am on the E-P3, actually 2 of them. The X-10 was a nice camera but had a strange sense of humor with it's raw files. By, good riddance....

I'll be around....chin up, I know things are bad in your country but it could always be worse...you could be in Philly.....

Thorkil

Yes Don, I was thinking of deleting it tomorrow anyway.
Yes I know things might be actually a lot worse over there, so here its about being somewhat of a luxury-problem. But every time things are getting ín a wrong direction one can get a bit melancholic.
Actually some time ago I had this litle non-picture, but it happened when I went into that litle cafe in Istedgade. Sometimes just small things can suddenly enlighten your brain and mind and make you smile from ear to ear.
Will try to find it, just for the story, while the picture turned out to be waist.
thorkil
I'll be back

Thorkil

Well, Don, what I ment to tell, coming in at the smallest café in the world in Istedgade I found some lads from the neighbourhood just sitting bended over, smoking, drinking coffee, almost non-speaking, sort of very depressed. I asked if I could be allowed to sit beside them, if I could be allowed to place my coffee at their table, then they awoke, were very polite, pushed the table in my direction. They asked what I did, my occupation, architect, well they relaxed while they thought I was a military man or police, cause of my big green hunting-coat. And for the next 20 minutes the world began to change, him on the left was an unemployed carpenter, I told him how he should walk from architect to architect, never give up, just ask if they had any project to be done, so he would calculate a price. He at the right just had gone bankrupt having a company with carpenters and so, working for a big craftsman-company who cheated him for about 200.000 $. I told him what to do next time, what I do with contracts to prevent the bigger company’s cheating the smaller ones. Persuaded him to carry on, to start again from fresh, how to carry on, how to get jobs, and we carried on how to get a better society etc.
And suddenly all the grey clouds were disappearing. I could just read from their faces that we all felt enlightened way deep down in our souls. It was just 30 strange minutes that just changed our way to approach life (at least for the rest of the day). Very long time since I’ve seen such a gifted moment passing by. For some strange seconds meaning of life just gathered together in a quiet strange way.
Thorkil

the fourth guy tried to hide, while the others we teasing him.

And the quit swedish girl at the right left without understanding anything of what was taking place.

Sorry for the quality.

Thorkil

Welcome back Don, and with a nice one!
These here are just resized with Office Picture Manager, sigh....
but in San Zeno and now with a lot of snow today

Thorkil

Thorkil

Then in fact my friend....it truly is a self portrait.
don
hhmmm...I'm not sure if....no in fact, I'm definitely sure that Irene won't agree upon that(as the charismatic women she is)... I was looking after a self-portrait from Stockholm, can't find it...you'll have to wait with that (yes, I know we might all be dead and gone by then...thats life)

(well, no, its not our house, but...)