The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Your lucky, I wouldn't be allowed that much identity.

I will post more photos shortly. Our magazine comes out on Monday and I've been swamped.
Seeya soon.....don

Thorkil

What magazine?
One, one can see at the internet?
By the way, forgot to tell you the Atlantic City was a little masterpiece, and I do think you should consider some exhibitions of the best, while they have something very special. And I'll ask at Arken (know the director, but he's focused at thing that's up in time, and therefore can draw attention).
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
What magazine?
One, one can see at the internet?
By the way, forgot to tell you the Atlantic City was a little masterpiece, and I do think you should consider some exhibitions of the best, while they have something very special. And I'll ask at Arken (know the director, but he's focused at thing that's up in time, and therefore can draw attention).
Thorkil
The magazine is about photography. Just send me your email address and I'll make sure you get the link. I won't spam the forum, it's not proper.

[email protected]

Exhibiting again....hmmmmm

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Dunno....This is my favorite forum on the net. I don't think it's proper to step on Guy and Jack's toes, same as Amin's forums.
Don

Thorkil

Wonderful shots!
Very dramatic lines in the first (I thought one ought to be weird architect to see such things :))
And this exquisite light and mood
The second, hasty spot on, the movement visualized, I’m glad to see the same shooting-habit, staring intense out in the distance, while pointing 90 degree and press, and let the camera rule(like the film-days), but she caught the action, while thinking, weird person…(connection mind-camera)
Thorkil

Thorkil

Yes, thank you very much! It looks very nice, indeed! But I havn't got time to sit down quietly and relaxed to take a more carefull look, so my intentions was to do so and give you a briefing.
What are you editor or what, or a collective working group, or something?
(But I can strongly recommend others to visit Dons homepage to take a closer look at the "Inspired Eye")
Thorkil

Thorkil

Allright, good, it looks very promising, and I do think you have the capasity for it, and Yes, I'll let you know :)
but just have to have something to settle down (going...perhaps...from almost none-work..to almost way to much, (but it might be good to prevent getting too senile, some would claim))
Thorkil

Thorkil

(Don...on the 18. of June you just have to stay put in Philadelphia, while Stones are giving concert there. Unfortunatly not in Europe, ok, just Hyde Park at 6. of july, perhaps I should visit England then for the first time in my life)

Thorkil, Yes I am the senile editor in chief. Let me know what tickles your fancy......
don
Don: If other opinions are welcome as well :), here's a short feedback from old Europe/Germany (got the link while enjoying your website/blog):

Indeed promising as Thorkil stated and even more IMHO. Really liked the mixture of themes, the design, and of course the pictures. Particularly liked the articles from both editors, the senior and the senile :D, and most of all I liked the retrospective of the senile editor in chief himself, really interesting and somewhat surprising views and thoughts, I widely sympathize with - and also educating/inspiring. Not so sure, whether it's clever to formalize the questions in your interviews that much, maybe a little variation/personalization could be a nice break up.

But:
Read/studied the magazine from cover to cover in one go, says it all, I guess. :thumbs:

Thorkil

just some very short words Don. I agree on Hermann. I haven’t reed it all by now, just some, and your article.
The graphic and dynamically way it's all set up, I do like. It's inspiring! in it's unconventionally way. It is strong.
And it’s very nice the honest way you write and describe the details taking the shots and the situations, sort of making complicated things uncomplicated, and not taking anything for granted. In my head photography is both the beauty and the wild thing. And if photos can deliver life grabbed out of reality, and hit you, both as a still-life, with calmness or with dynamic life that strikes you or visualizing dreamy feelings...it moves. And they moves.
The set-up flows and works. And it’s worth going back to several times.
(so the summary is simple and clear: just keep on pushing, Don....!)
Thorkil

Last edited: