The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

Thorkil

Hi Mazor, coming from a very very dark DNG at 3200 iso(f9,1/30 to get a tiny bit handshake), just converted to B&W in C1pro 7.1.2, just turning brightnes up full, adding contrast and in the "punch" department adding some structure and clarity.
I know I might ought to buy the Nik parcel instead, and use silver efex. (but C1pro7 is already a bit famous I guess to be able to get almost everything out of total darkness)
Thorkil

Thorkil

Hi Justin, thanks, I'll see what I can do. But I don't consider myself skilled enough to compare. Although took some yesterday, just with the GR, but suddenly I had to do some work, and then some extra Work came in...but one can't complain in one minute of too little work to do, and then the next minute of too much (but it can sometime become a wonderful (and frightening…) habit doing a bit too little though) :)
Thorkil

jtwloh

Hi Thorkil, thanks.
Most importantly that you enjoy your new camera, and I'm sure good photos will come in a matter of time.