The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few snaps with my new G10

Joan

How's the dynamic range?
That's kind of tough for me to say yet. I only used evaluative metering yesterday and did manage to blow a lot of highlights, but it was a very bright day and I was out from about 11:30am to 1:30pm, the worst possible time to take pictures. Properly exposed shots seem very good though.

Lili said:
Lookin' good Joan!
Thanks, Lili. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Joan I have to pay you a compliment. Since you joined this forum several months ago and let's be honest a little green behind the ears :) You have really grown quite a bit with your photography and i mean that with the highest praise. You really seem to be understanding and improving significantly. I hope being here with other members and learning from them is at least part of that success. Certainly would make this forum a valid place to hang out and what it's mantra is. A place to learn.

No blushing allowed i really mean this. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Arne Hvaring

Hi Arne, I am using DPP 3.5 which came with the camera. AFAIK, the only other RAW converter that currently opens the G10's files is Raw Photo Processor for Mac. It's freeware, so I downloaded and gave it a try, but it doesn't seem quite right, colors are WAY off.
Hi Joan, thanks, I just looked at Canon's download page and version 3,5 isn't available for downloading yet. So I'll have to open the SW package after all:p

Joan

Joan I have to pay you a compliment. Since you joined this forum several months ago and let's be honest a little green behind the ears :) You have really grown quite a bit with your photography and i mean that with the highest praise. You really seem to be understanding and improving significantly. I hope being here with other members and learning from them is at least part of that success. Certainly would make this forum a valid place to hang out and what it's mantra is. A place to learn.

No blushing allowed i really mean this. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Wow, Guy, THANK YOU, so much! Green behind the ears is an understatement, I have a L-O-O-O-N-G way to go yet but I am starting to learn, and getDPI is definitely a big help. You've created a wonderful learning and chatting environment here, and I really appreciate how kind and helpful everyone is. :salute:

Yep, Arne, guess you'll have to crack open the CD if you want to play with raw right away, which stinks as it's a frustrating program to use (at least for me).