Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 1049

Thread: Sony RX100 - getting started

  1. #101
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    > is going forward and backward in little spurts. What is the cause? ( 1:20-1:30 mark)

    Good catch, looks like the AF hunted. I tried to be on MF but may have missed it here.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  2. #102
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    >Not sure anymore ....

    Could you give any argument?
    HI Uwe
    I'm rather in Peter's camp (having bought many many small cameras and only used them for a few days).

    It would be really useful for the times I'm not carrying a bag (going to the lavatory and riding a horse seem to be the only times ). That's the crunch. . . at the moment I use an X2 on the horse, I'd like a zoom, so I am tempted.

    On the other hand, this one really does look pretty good - my only concern looking at these shots is that the skin tones look pretty brutal and blotchy, but maybe that's just practice.

    I'd like to do some comparisons between the output from the RX100 and the OMD with a small zoom (maybe the 14-42 power zoom).

    Just this guy you know

  3. #103
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    I am in no camp here because I still evaluate. For video is is more than just nice though. But just saying ">Not sure anymore ...." is not that meaningful for me at least.

    >OMD with a small zoom

    For me that is not competition just because of the size. Right mow I tend to use DSLR FF or P&S. But if I would walk NY I likely changed my mind. The OMD + 12-35mm (and 35-100 soon) is intriguing)
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  4. #104
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    >Not sure anymore ....

    Could you give any argument?
    Similar as Jono I had so many top-end P&S's and most of them are gone and replaced by the next great and best ....

    Also while looking at the images posted from the RX100, the colors do not look so nicely overall to me. Maybe I am used too much to Olympus colors or Leica colors nowadays.

    Despite of that the RX100 is a great camera for sure and summarizes lot of great features which a P&S today should cover. But I fear I would only use it for very short before it would stay at home again, waiting for the next even better camera.

    The X2, although a pretty different concept, gets more and more interesting for me. The more often I visualize how I could do a shot, the more I come to the conclusion that the X2 would (could) be the best tool for this in the range of high end P&S. I would love somebody talk me out of that :-)

  5. #105
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    That helped.

    In the end this maybe just the camera of the day. But I think more of using this camera additional to my iPhone and the video is very good.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  6. #106
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    I'm looking at it as a carry-everywhere. The iPhone has been that camera but the RX-100 is about the same size and offers what I often need that the iPhone doesn't have...zoom lens, low light ability, etc.

  7. #107
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    I'm looking at it as a carry-everywhere. The iPhone has been that camera but the RX-100 is about the same size and offers what I often need that the iPhone doesn't have...zoom lens, low light ability, etc.
    THe same here.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  8. #108
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    It's more capable than a carry anywhere might imply, although it is without a doubt a great carry anywhere. In absolute terms, the image quality is excellent. The menu's are better than on a NEX. Sony are on a roll right now.

    I don't usually do video but I am planning on using it to video an upcoming event I am hosting for Seed Academy at Google Campus this Wednesday.
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  9. #109
    Member Matix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    It's more capable than a carry anywhere might imply, although it is without a doubt a great carry anywhere. In absolute terms, the image quality is excellent. The menu's are better than on a NEX. Sony are on a roll right now.

    I don't usually do video but I am planning on using it to video an upcoming event I am hosting for Seed Academy at Google Campus this Wednesday.
    This pretty well sums it up for me too, it is no match for a good DSLR, but as an 'always in my pocket' or car, cycle or whatever, it does a good job, better than my LX3/5.

    If the LXx had this sensor I would prefer that, simply for the 'feel', the Sony is not easy to hold for me, and a viewfinder option would have been nice for bright sunny days which we get a lot of in Australia.

    Phil
    Photo-Matix Imagery - Capturing Life with a camera
    Panasonic Lumix GX8, Lumix G85, Lumix GX7, and various lenses.
    Gallery: http://photos.photo-matix.com.au

  10. #110
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    > the Sony is not easy to hold for me

    This Clic Stic makes it easy for me:

    outbackphoto - News - Improved Shooting with Compact Cameras (e.g. Sony*RX100)


    >viewfinder option would have been nice for bright sunny days which we get a lot of in Australia.

    Same here in California but the LCD is quite well to view at our strong sunlight.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Similar as Jono I had so many top-end P&S's and most of them are gone and replaced by the next great and best ....

    Also while looking at the images posted from the RX100, the colors do not look so nicely overall to me. Maybe I am used too much to Olympus colors or Leica colors nowadays.

    Despite of that the RX100 is a great camera for sure and summarizes lot of great features which a P&S today should cover. But I fear I would only use it for very short before it would stay at home again, waiting for the next even better camera.

    The X2, although a pretty different concept, gets more and more interesting for me. The more often I visualize how I could do a shot, the more I come to the conclusion that the X2 would (could) be the best tool for this in the range of high end P&S. I would love somebody talk me out of that :-)
    You were pretty satisfied with the Nikon V1, I thought. The RX100 has a slightly better IQ, better resolution, better dof control and all in a shirt pocket size form. Versatility and maybe a tad faster AF speak for the Nikon. However, for a sytem camera, the Nikon's IQ falls a little short of what I'd consider "good enough", whereas the RX100 sets the new benchmark in the shirt pocket size category, by country miles that is. Snaps from yesterday as I was walking to a business meeting (no picture or smart phone ones would have been the alternative before I had the tiny Sony).
    Last edited by retow; 10th February 2013 at 22:27.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #112
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    RX100 vs V1

    Plus RX100

    - smaller
    - better sensor
    - faster lens

    Plus V1

    - amazing tele range with 30-110mm lens
    - very good EVF
    - faster AF
    - 40 shot raw buffer at 10 fps

    I am optimistic we get improved sensors in the Nikon 1 line. Overall very different cameras.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  13. #113
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    I am very pleased with the RX100's output. Point and shoot ergonomics belie a lovely image output, thanks to 20 MP and a solid sensor....IQ is really quite nice



    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #114
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    You were pretty satisfied with the Nikon V1, I thought. The RX100 has a slightly better IQ, better resolution, better dof control and all in a shirt pocket size form. Versatility and maybe a tad faster AF speak for the Nikon. However, for a sytem camera, the Nikon's IQ falls a little short of what I'd consider "good enough", whereas the RX100 sets the new benchmark in the shirt pocket size category, by country miles that is. Snaps from yesterday as I was walking to a business meeting (no picture or smart phone ones would have been the alternative before I had the tiny Sony).
    Right I was very happy with the V1, but I decided to give the OMD a try, as it is much closer to photography IMHO and IP is much better than from V1, also AF is almost as fast. Maybe with a V2 and some faster lenses for the Nikon 1 system I would revert back. Maybe we will see the RX100 sensor in a V2 soon?

    As already said, my only concern with the RX100 is that it will end up staying at home again pretty soon, as I have other cameras to choose from like the OMD. Sure there is the pocketable argument, but actually I do not care so much about this if I really want to shoot and my jean pockets are so tight, that the RX100 would not fit in anyway

    But the results I see in general are very good. Maybe colors are not really my taste but this is subjective anyway.

  15. #115
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    The RX100 joined us on our day trip with the big boys: D800 and 5D Mark III









    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #116
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Uwe, Looks like those big boys have a very capable little brother
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  17. #117
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Very. The main issue was actually that the big brothers used 70-200mm zooms for better reach. Here the small brother lost a bit :-)
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  18. #118
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    First day, a quick shot on the way to work. Lots of tweaking with Snapseed on the iPad, just for fun.

    Bill


  19. #119
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    One more.

    Bill

    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #120
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    I'm afraid I have to plead ignorance here and ask ... why the heck are my pics so small?

    Bill

  21. #121
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Sony RX100 - getting started


    In some way you seem to have resized them to a width of only 500 pixels.

    Maybe your iPad software does this automatically for you when you save the tweaked files ?
    Take a close look at the available options when saving an image file on your iPad.
    You ought to be able to choose the file size yourself.

    Just a couple of suggestions since it is a bit summer-quiet here at the moment.
    I have no iPad so I'm not really qualified to solve the mystery.

  22. #122
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Some Aerial shots from a Stinson Station Wagon 1947:







    Last edited by ustein; 1st August 2012 at 18:33.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #123
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Thanks for the reply. Although I edited the one image on the iPad, I uploaded the files to Flickr from my computer, at full size. I don't know why the links only go to a small version. Oh well, I guess I just need to study more.

    Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    In some way you seem to have resized them to a width of only 500 pixels.

    Maybe your iPad software does this automatically for you when you save the tweaked files ?
    Take a close look at the available options when saving an image file on your iPad.
    You ought to be able to choose the file size yourself.

    Just a couple of suggestions since it is a bit summer-quiet here at the moment.
    I have no iPad so I'm not really qualified to solve the mystery.

  24. #124
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    One more attempt, using Dropbox this time instead of Flickr.

    Bill

    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #125
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Those are very cool, Uwe, particularly the first one.

  26. #126
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    A rare Japanese flower taken on my lunchtime walkabout. Note the extra thick stem!

    Bill

    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #127
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    A few from the other day. Sweet little camera.

    RX100; 36.58mm; 1/100s @ f/5; ISO 200


    RX100; 31.83mm; 1/800s @ f/7.1; ISO 125


    RX100; 10.4mm; 1/125s @ f/8; ISO 125


    RX100; 37.1mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 125


    RX100; 21.29mm; 1/320s @ f/8; ISO 125


    RX100; 37.1mm; 1/800s @ f/5.6; ISO 125


    RX100; 10.4mm; 1/640s @ f/5.6; ISO 125


    Cheers, Matt

    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #128
    curious80
    Guest

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfanjpn View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Although I edited the one image on the iPad, I uploaded the files to Flickr from my computer, at full size. I don't know why the links only go to a small version. Oh well, I guess I just need to study more.

    Bill
    When you get the share link from flickr, it asks you which size you want to share at and gives you different links based on that. You have most probably just selected the small share link.

  29. #129
    Member gilpen123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    May I ask what's wrong with the color? Looks ok in my monitor.

  30. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northern Ca/Tx/Mexico
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Those are very cool, Uwe, particularly the first one.
    I agree. It looks like a microscope slide.
    Roberto M.

  31. #131
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    FYI: These are cows :-) in the middle of nowhere.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  32. #132
    Senior Member fordfanjpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by curious80 View Post
    When you get the share link from flickr, it asks you which size you want to share at and gives you different links based on that. You have most probably just selected the small share link.
    Thank you. Note to self: Get new glasses!

    Bill

  33. #133
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Great stuff, everyone. Loved the series overhead by Ewe and Matt's lovely city scapes...

    Nice "flower" Bill, and lovely capture of the ornate handle...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crossville, Tn
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    The colors of the first picture of the boats has great color. I'm impressed by this little camera. It's at the top of my list if the D 400 doesn't come out soon.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #135
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Boo Hiss you lot are dreadful.

    Had quite decided I didn't want one, and I just popped in to my local fixer for a battery, mentioned the camera and one was quickly thrust into my sweaty mitts . . . rather nice I thought, and before I could stop myself out popped the card.

    I blame you lot - it's all your fault

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #136
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    >I blame you lot - it's all your fault


    Better check the damage you do here all the time :-)
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #137
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Boo Hiss you lot are dreadful.

    Had quite decided I didn't want one, and I just popped in to my local fixer for a battery, mentioned the camera and one was quickly thrust into my sweaty mitts . . . rather nice I thought, and before I could stop myself out popped the card.

    I blame you lot - it's all your fault
    My wife got so fed up with me she sent me to military school for anti-GAS training. After holding out on the OMD this RX-100 is easy. She also took my credit card away

    Keith
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #138
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    >I blame you lot - it's all your fault


    Better check the damage you do here all the time :-)
    Hi Uwe, I was aware of the terrible irony . . . on the other hand you're a fine one to talk! I'm a minor danger compared to you!

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    My wife got so fed up with me she sent me to military school for anti-GAS training. After holding out on the OMD this RX-100 is easy. She also took my credit card away

    Keith
    HI Keith
    Holding out on the OMD is just plain masochism - not sure about this little camera - When I got home from work Emma dragged me straight onto a horse, camera shake is a real issue on a horse . . .

    The other problem, is that SAM can tell when the camera comes out, and realises that he can nab a mouthful with impunity . . . or else make a dash for home

    Still, here is a first posting:







    This one was taken in the garden after we got home



    All jpgs, as Aperture doesn't support the camera yet

    all the best

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #139
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Boo Hiss you lot are dreadful.

    Had quite decided I didn't want one, and I just popped in to my local fixer for a battery, mentioned the camera and one was quickly thrust into my sweaty mitts . . . rather nice I thought, and before I could stop myself out popped the card.

    I blame you lot - it's all your fault
    I haven't been on line for days and I come back to this???
    terry
    www.terrybanet.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #140
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Jono & Uwe

    you are not really helping me in staying away from that camera

    Peter

  41. #141
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    > I'm a minor danger compared to you!

    You are in Britain and deserve the gold. I mostly show innocent images :-).
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  42. #142
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    you are not really helping me in staying away from that camera
    Don't do it, Peter! Go for the X2.
    (Just cheerleading for the other team... It's a pastime. ;-)

  43. #143
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Boo Hiss you lot are dreadful.

    Had quite decided I didn't want one, and I just popped in to my local fixer for a battery, mentioned the camera and one was quickly thrust into my sweaty mitts . . . rather nice I thought, and before I could stop myself out popped the card.

    I blame you lot - it's all your fault
    So now I have to buy the OM-D and a Sony

    Good thing I don't have a wife

  44. #144
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Jono & Uwe

    you are not really helping me in staying away from that camera

    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Don't do it, Peter! Go for the X2.
    (Just cheerleading for the other team... It's a pastime. ;-)
    I'm a fully paid up subscriber to the X2 - why stint yourself Peter . . . . . get both!

    Just this guy you know

  45. #145
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    > I'm a minor danger compared to you!

    You are in Britain and deserve the gold. I mostly show innocent images :-).
    Your images are fantastic Uwe - innocent or not I'm not so sure!

    Just this guy you know

  46. #146
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Some of my last images before I sent it in for replacement. From a local tomato cannery.







    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #147
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    Some of my last images before I sent it in for replacement.
    What was wrong with it?

    Just this guy you know

  48. #148
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    There is a thread on the color cast I see.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  49. #149
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    The local 'head' shop and a conversation I had no business interrupting.

    RX100; 10.4mm; 1/30s @ f/5; ISO 800


    RX100; 37.1mm; 1/125s @ f/4.9; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

  50. #150
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Sony RX100 - getting started

    RX100 does stock food photography. Possibly not the first choice for this kind of thing, but proves its versatility!

    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •