The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
A pair of owls called to each other as this aeroplane passed overhead this evening.

25 secs. In SEP.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hey Jolly,

All the RX100 reviews in one handy place, and the one which says it's the holy grail is quite right, Eureka. Could be quite useful, cheers. Haven't got time to read them right now, I'm too busy processing etc. The owls are outside again tonight and the International Space Station is making some beautiful late evening passes over Bath.
There's some Shostakovitch on the BBC radio Promenade Concerts and the dishes have still to be done:)

Here's some more from Rolfey's Antiques.

Well, must away to turn the taps on.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
..dishes done: a couple from the allotments where the magic minstrels played: LR3 & Nik Colour Efex: I am able to achieve much more of a satisfactory image (from my point of view, and I'm only doing this for me!) with a bit of 'click'n'slide'. Col Efex is good 'cos one can pile different filter effects 1 on top of t'other 'til the owls come home to roost and click them on and off or throw them away. And I like putting borders on:)

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Re-worked this one in LR & Col Efex to achieve that delicate, crumbling 'fin-de-siecle' mood:wtf:.

"Sweet Pea in the August Sunlight- 1898".

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Gandolfi, may I ask, how did you do those "colour"tones (the seagull)?
Thorkil
(No it's a secret formula):)

To be serious, almost all my b/w pics are done with Nik Silver Efex, which I love to bits and is great and all sorts of tones and shades are possible depending on how you slide the sliders.

Couldn't get this splendid penny whistle player to work in b/w ( the wall is very distracting) so did this and put him in the Underground folder labelled "Remember when - Those were the days".

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

These pictures just in from our "Grasshopper World" correspondent.

Echo the Grasshopper (so called because he keeps coming back) has returned.

I was sitting quietly staring vacantly at the middle distance (a bad habit of mine :)) and a green blur flew through the air and landed on the carpet. I had not seen Echo since his last photo session and was surprised to see him. In return for his free board and lodgings I decided to use him as a model once more, and quickly got a whisky glass in which to entrap him.

I shot these pics lit solely by an anglepoise lamp. I had difficulty getting him to stand still so focussing was difficult, but it was interesting in manual focus mode as when I turned the front ring to focus and it enlarged the image I could see his heart beating. Really!!

Anyway I let him out on to the leaf of a kangaroo vine (an amazing plant as it is 37 years old, still in the same pot and the same earth and has been neglected at times and nurtured at times, has been severely cut back a few times but stubbornly refuses to die).

He went up to the ceiling again, and as I was processing these images he flew through the air and landed on the wall right next to my computer!!

He didn't think the pics were a very good likeness and was last seen on the ceiling again.

If I see Echo tomorrow I think I will put him outside, there just doesn't seem to be much for him to eat indoors.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

ps the pics are cropped quite a bit.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
..just athinkin' and alookin' and apointin' and aclickin' and aseein' what's what.

Quick stroll then trying to get a work flow going.

So just a load of nothin' worked over quick as I can in LR & Nik.

New spare battery arrived today and on charge. Cost almost as much as my first Pentax S1a with 50mm f2.8.

I'm now almost confident enough to peel off the screen protector, then I will be able to see properly what I'm adooin'.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
..and because I was really pleased with the way these turned out, here's a couple more of The Band Playing On..and on..

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wow, the screen protector removal procedure.
That is a sure sign of commitment. I now pronounce you shooter and camera.
Nice photos by the way.