The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
All-American hero and guest of honour at the Goodwood Revival Race Meeting, Dan Gurney (81 years old), acknowledges the adulation of the fans as he is chauffeured around the Goodwood track by Tony Brooks (80 y.o.), one of his Ferrari team-mates from the late 1950's, in a Ferrari Testa Rossa (53 y.o.).:thumbs:

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

p.s. Heavily cropped pic.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Nice! One of my favorite racers. :)
Me too! First GP I ever saw was Dan's first GP win in French GP, 1962 at Rouen in Normandy which was one of those fearsome old tracks on public roads- fast downhill swoops down the side of a valley to a cobbled hairpin and back up the other side. Most unlike the go-kart tracks used today:).

Here 3 more Goodwood pics. Grand Prix cars from the 30's, 50's, and 60's.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

ustein

Contributing Editor
>The good thing is it unscrews and is ultraportable for a trip home when not needed.

That is important.

Pingang

shot in a private forest in Taichung, Taiwan, thanks to the owner Lai-san.

The dried tree -
RX100 in M mode. ISO 400, lens set at 17.4mm, f/10, 1/100s

Taiwan white pine in the fog
RX100 in M mode, ISO 400, lens at 17.8mm, f/5.0, 1/100s

BR,
Pingang

jonoslack

Late Night Snapping . . . .

But the real purpose of the RX100 is as a horse camera . . . so here are three snaps from on top of Sam the horse . . . I'm ashamed to say that he's too aware of my getting the camera out, and tends to take advantage (by grabbing something to eat, or having a go at his friend Honey).

the four of us (Honey and Sam, Emma & I)

So, will it be Mellis or Magpie Green?

Damn . . will we get home before the sun sets.