The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Retro or barfo?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I have to be honest and say that I don't use my Pentax P&S very often. I originally bought it to use during wet and inhospitable adventures where I wouldn't risk the M8. It doesn't really hold a candle to many of the better small cameras, it's most redeeming feature is that it can take pictures underwater!

I took it with me today and while trying to fix some flare in one of the shots, noticed that it's pretty easy to get the color to remind me of some early photos I seem to remember. Maybe a little like a Polaroid SX70? Not sure what it is, but I think pushing the processing a bit is more fun than trying to make it look "true".

Joan

I like the compositions of both of these TR, not too sure about the blue in the second one though ... I'm no one to offer suggestions for processing as I'm on a steep learning curve here myself, but I think I'd try it in B&W to see how it turns out. JMHO. :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Joan, good suggestion. I'm trying to make a silk purse out of the proverbial porcine auditory appendage. Guess I'll stick with the M8.

Joan

LOL, ... that pretty much describes me on most of my shots, no matter which camera. I keep trying though.