The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P6000 Photos

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I've had the Nikon P6000 for a few weeks and cannot say I'm very happy with it. Don't get me wrong. When you have the time to set up the shot carefully you can get great photos, but when you need to "point and shoot" I don't trust this camera at all...the white balance is horrible when it comes to tungsten, the autofocus is slow and not trust worthy at all, the raw files take about 2,5 secs to save, the "live view" cannot be trusted (even with time to set up a shot, when it looks absolutely perfect it can come out looking nothing like what you've just seen on the lcd). Nonetheless, when you have enough time to work on your photos or at least pre-work on a particular light condition you can get some really nice stuff.
Here's some shots I've taken this weekend:

Rawfa

I'm not sure if there's size restrictions in here, so I'm keeping the photos small for the time being. I can post bigger photos at request though.

W

wbrandsma

These photographs are excellent Rafa despite the described limitations. On the LCD screen it is almost always hard to judge your exposure. The LCD screen will display the jpeg outcome and how the RAW file will look like. Normally it is saver to use the histogram, but I understood that the P6000 has no live histogram.

Still excellent work Rafa. Keep posting.

Rawfa

Wow! Praise from Caesar! After almost 8 years working with video I've only recently moved to photography... so it's really something getting such high comments from someone like you. Your work is really jaw dropping and it's what made me put buying the LX3 in question and thinking about buying the gx100. Anyway, thanks for the very kind words.

Rawfa

Here are some more I've taken today. As you might have noticed I have a thing for underexposing :)

Rawfa

Darn, that's weird. I'm able to see them with firefox, but now that I'm at work and using internet explorer I cannot see them either. I will check into it when I get home.

Lili

Rafa very nice streetwork, love the treatment, esp the 'toned' look.
Gives them a timeless quality :)

Rawfa

Much appreciated, Lili. Like I said I'm new to photography and comments like this really really motive one.

Rawfa

I don't understand why whenever I post a big image from my blog it shows up as a cross on internet explorer but it shows up fine on firefox. It makes these 2 shots at iso 400 kind of pointless to show with such a small size :(

Rawfa

Here are some larger photos. I don't know why but they cannot be displayed on internet explorer. They can be viewed fine on mozilla firefox though.
Except for the old man and the guy walking by the tree they're all iso 400.

Last edited: