The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Young buck

A

asabet

This inquisitive male deer came close enough for me to make this photo with the G10 at full tele, slight crop:

helenhill

Amin :Quite Fab...LOVE it...You were Blessed to have Met

What a Beauty!!

how people can shoot them (rifle wise) is beyond me:(
best-helen

A

asabet

Thanks Helen! Unfortunately we too commonly see deer killed by traffic. There are so many of them in our neighborhood.

helenhill

I'm rather partial to venison, I'm afraid.
Ohhhhh Bertie
There are sooo many Other Things to Eat :)
Heres a Funny Story:

One Halloween Eve in Salem Mass.
w/Friends in a very posh restaurant
My husband Eric who had once been a hunter in his Youth
and feeling nostalgic ordred Venison....
When it arrived he broke out in Tears
thinking of the poor family that had been destroyed
Needless to say he had a single malt or two
:cry:....:)

Last edited:
A

asabet

Thanks Joan! I bought the G10 for testing, but I'm quicklyy realizing it is a keeper :).

Brian Mosley

Lovely shot Amin, you were really lucky! and I know that luck favours the prepared... so well done :salute:

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

This inquisitive male deer came close enough for me to make this photo with the G10 at full tele, slight crop:
Monarch of the Glens eh?
Nice shot Amin. If this is a keeper, do you go around with a bevvy of small sensor cameras? How do you choose which one to use?

Bertie and Helen - I'm in Holland tonight, and I'm ashamed to say that I had venison fillet for supper :eek:

A

asabet

Lovely shot Amin, you were really lucky! and I know that luck favours the prepared... so well done :salute:

Kind Regards

Brian
Thanks Brian! I left my family at a playground and walked about half a mile to where I had seen deer. I had no luck finding any, and when I returned to my family they were all jumping up and down about how close this guy had come to have a look. He was practically right next to them the whole time :).

Monarch of the Glens eh?
Nice shot Amin. If this is a keeper, do you go around with a bevvy of small sensor cameras? How do you choose which one to use?
Thanks Jono. I've decided to keep the G10, D-LUX 4, and DP1, at least for now. I don't carry them all though. Depending on where I'm going, I just pick one or the other. If I were to pick one, it would be the D-LUX. It just suits my needs the best since it is the best for indoor low light while also very good outside and not bad for short tele portraits. The G10 doesn't fit my needs as well as the other two, but it is so good I don't know if I can sell it :eek:. As I see it, Canon basically perfected a long, slow evolutionary process with this camera.

helenhill

Bertie and Helen - I'm in Holland tonight, and I'm ashamed to say that I had venison fillet for supper :eek:
Well Jono
Eric is getting out his 30 aught 6
so WATCH your back
coming out of one of those hashish cafes...:ROTFL:
With tongue in Cheek - Helen :)