The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

a visit to the rose garden

smokysun

thanks, lili. i get so frustrated trying to simply do photos! so many great photographers out there. it's simply overwelming. i keep trying to figure out how to get better. seems like the more i do it like art, the more people like it. here are my art galleries, if you haven't seen them.

http://www.pbase.com/wwp/art_projects

thanks again for the appreciation. it buoys my spirits.
best,

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

smokysun

been trying to figure out if the raw files from the xsi any better than the xti!! returned the latter to costco. then ordered another one from amazon after a lot of reading and comparing. here's a 116% crop from the xsi. (the lens was a good one, the leica r 90 2.8)

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. the dp review says the xsi resolution puts the 40d to shame. and the review of the 50d says it's worse than the 40d. so...

Last edited:

smokysun

it's been very educational to go back to the rose garden with different cameras and lenses. in the end i don't know what i prefer. each has more than one potential. today it was the g3's turn. this is a delightful camera to use. they probably can be had for less than a hundred dollars. and can get more than 1000 raw files on a 4 gb card!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. did some intentional smudging. that's not the camera.

Last edited:
K

kelvin

Not too much of a rose left, but this was in memory of Princess Grace of Monaco. Taken at the Rose Garden in Paris.

smokysun

thanks, bertie, very impressive. tried to zero in to see if the same kinds of images being tossed up by the roses like those below. no luck. our garden can't be totally unique in that respect.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. gather rosebuds while ye may.

Last edited: