The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon SD1000: Nice camera for the price some tiny plastic Leica thing

4season

Although I own an M8 and like it a lot, lately I have really been having a blast with these small-sensor cameras including the GX100. I think part of it is the challenge of seeing how far I can go with limited tools, and more often than not, I'm delighted with what I'm seeing.

The Canon SD1000 Digital Elph was on sale for $150 at Office Despot last week, and one of the things followed me home. My orange Sandisk 12-in-1 card reader gives you an idea of how tiny the SD1000 really is.

I was losing the light and had to crank the ISO up to 400 for the closeup of my afternoon tea. A tripod might've helped too.

For this twilight shot of the alley, I wanted to capture some tonality on the face of the moon, so I cranked the exposure down 2 stops, which is as far as the camera allows. I then also cranked ISO to 80 in hopes of getting a properly underexposed photo, and I think it worked reasonably well. Can't really see it here, but the full-sized photo reveals silhouetted tree branches in front of the moon.