The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung Galaxy GC100

V

Vivek

I am going to buy the S4. This could be my first "smart phone" as well. :)

mazor

good choice Vivek, the S4 is the thinnest, plus the camera has the best optical quality. Samsung's mini zoom lens suffer from soft corners and slower apertures which leads to visible digital artifacts when analyzing images at 100%.

The S4 is indeed an extremely smart phone, not sure if it is too smart though ;)

mazor

nice hot, just out of curiosity, does the GC1 capture in any RAW or uncompressed TIFF other than JPG?

hot

I don't know :p I NEVER use RAW (RAW/postprocessing = life time wasting) ...
I didn't search for it, I think/guess/say/claim/declare it has no RAW :)

RAW is only for people thinking they are Michelangelos of photography

mazor

I tend to disagree, RAW is not only for "Michelangelos of photography". Raw actually suits demanding situations where sometimes you do not get the correct exposure in the captured shot. RAW gives latitude for up to +1 or -1EV correction or more in some cameras, and makes for excellent creation of HDR from a single exposure. Also capturing RAW can also allow for higher IQ rendering of JPG, which in turn means you can get increased post process cropping without losing too much detail.