The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G10 cycling trip

O

Oliver

Hi all,

I just finished a few weeks of cycling in Japan and brought a new G10 along for the ride. It was tough leaving the dslr at home, but I'm very happy with this little guy.

Though, if I were doing it over I would leave the camping hammock behind and use the space for a G1 and lenses.

Also, dpreview has their G10 review up now here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong10/ - nothing earthshattering and draws the same conclusions about the G10 vs LX3 as I've been seeing here (though both basically on par depending on your shooting style).

Here is a wooden gate in Miyajima (near Hiroshima)

and some mountains in Shikoku

More from the trip at flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7919947@N07/sets/72157608811331839/

Lili

Lovely shots, Oliver
Interesting Juxta position of the classic Tori gate and the Orange Dozer.
Why move this thread? Is not a powershot G10 a small sensor camera?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My fault I thought I saw G1 and moved it . My bad it's going back to it's home. My glasses must have been fogged

Being tiddy can sometimes get you in trouble. LOL

O

Oliver

So clearly the pics are good enough to have been 4/3 anyway ;)

ShiroKuro

; )

Taken about a week ago " )....... look forward to seeing more of your images ,at the moment I can't get flickr to load in my browser ... Yes the G1 and some lenses would have been perfect ...... you mean the Contax G1 of course ; )

Last edited:

ShiroKuro

It is the Seto sea.. Gates (Torii) are used to mark the approach and entrances to shrines .Miyajima means shrine island.. Oliver shot is taken as the tide is going out ...

Last edited:
O

Oliver

; )

Taken about a week ago " )....... look forward to seeing more of your images ,at the moment I can't get flickr to load in my browser ... Yes the G1 and some lenses would have been perfect ...... you mean the Contax G1 of course ; )
Geez, you had to remind me - what a gem those are. Probably the camera most likely to lure me back to film scanning. That and the Contax T. Must resist...

nice gate shot