The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XF1?

Rawfa

I´ve been intrigued by this little camera. Is it any good? Did anyone try the Fuji XF1?

Tim

While I think it looks to be a great little camera with some neat features it seems to be overshadowed buy the RX100. Its essentially an X10 sensor and many were happy with that (orbs aside). I think the XF1 may still have a niche somewhere but as usual it comes down to how its priced.

Rawfa

You´re right, Tim. The RX100´s a great cam....it could be faster fully zoomed, but it´s still a great portable camera with a sensor that sets it aside from all other similar compacts.

Tim

Its an interesting point that Ming Thein says it produces great jpgs and he could not easily better the RAWs. There is a large group of people that can't be bothered with RAW and maybe this is one big advantage the XF1 has over the RX100? Having said that the RX100 jpgs are probably great as well.

If money was no issue I'd buy both and give them a good run. Like I think you are, I am intrigued but the XF1 with or without the RX100.