Site Sponsors

Thread: Fuji XF1?

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji XF1?

Ive been intrigued by this little camera. Is it any good? Did anyone try the Fuji XF1?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji XF1?

Ming Thien has a great review of this camera. He seems to like it. He says this is one of those cameras where you are much better off using JPEG than RAW since Fuji's JPEG engine is so good.

Review: The Fuji FinePix XF1

Post Thanks / Like

While I think it looks to be a great little camera with some neat features it seems to be overshadowed buy the RX100. Its essentially an X10 sensor and many were happy with that (orbs aside). I think the XF1 may still have a niche somewhere but as usual it comes down to how its priced.

Post Thanks / Like

Youre right, Tim. The RX100s a great cam....it could be faster fully zoomed, but its still a great portable camera with a sensor that sets it aside from all other similar compacts.

Post Thanks / Like

Its an interesting point that Ming Thein says it produces great jpgs and he could not easily better the RAWs. There is a large group of people that can't be bothered with RAW and maybe this is one big advantage the XF1 has over the RX100? Having said that the RX100 jpgs are probably great as well.

If money was no issue I'd buy both and give them a good run. Like I think you are, I am intrigued but the XF1 with or without the RX100.