The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My lovely GRD

kweide

Okay, another How to. See the difference

On the right you see the original picture taken with an oooold lady Casio EX-Z3 made 2003. The shot is, to say it politely: suboptimal, not worth keeping it. But with a few mouseclicks ( leveladjust on the channels, you get the picture shown on the left! It can be done with any picture from any cam. As i said before less than 3 Minutes work and you have one more picture to keep !!
Pictures are memories. I think it was worth the work.

bbodine9

Klaus,

Can you elaborate a little more on the steps for this photo or did you follow the tutorial referenced earlier. I think we all want to know your technique for these wonderful photos.

Thanks!

kweide

It is exactly that basic stuff in the tutorial. After adjusting the R G B channel, tweak the contrast und the saturation a little and dont forget USM 120/0.8/0 are my values. It is soooo simple, just drag the sliders... try it.

Another example. This time from an IXUS 40, just to show you it works with all cams because its basic stuff, that has nothing to do with the cam only with the light in the picture.
On the rigth the bäääh ugly version on the left the keeper.

Last edited:

leif e

Tessting out the GRDII that just joined the family at the football (soccer) pitch yesterday. My daughter of 17 hasn´t been able to play for more than two ears, due to illness. Now practice is a pleasure-

I still find the pics a bit noisy (even at ISO 200), Her I´ve used DFine 2.0 (Aperture plug in) for noise redux and Silver Efex Pro for BW.

leif e

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Klaus,
I can't see your photos. Some of them, yes, but for most, I get a little rectangle saying:
"Pic-Upload.de
Site don't allowed"

The strange language indicates that it's a message generated here in Thailand, probably some kind of censorship thing. Might be because there are people uploading "unwanted material" on that site. Just thought I'd let you know.

And I hate not being able to see your photos :(

kweide

This is strange. Pic-upload.de is only a picture host. Nothing more.....why could it be censored ???? Most pics in this in this GRD thread are downloaded directly to the forum. But due to volume restrictions ( 20 MB ) i switched to a free hoster which is pic-upload.....
But good to know... searching for an solution......

Thanx Jorgen.
Think i have to install my own server......

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lots of strange things are done to hamper the information flow here in Asia, and not even half of it makes sense, even if you think you understand what they're trying to achieve :confused:

Thank you for posting the curves/levels link. That was a really great one. Lots of things to learn there :thumbup:

Leica 77

Tessting out the GRDII that just joined the family at the football (soccer) pitch yesterday. My daughter of 17 hasn´t been able to play for more than two ears, due to illness. Now practice is a pleasure-

I still find the pics a bit noisy (even at ISO 200), Her I´ve used DFine 2.0 (Aperture plug in) for noise redux and Silver Efex Pro for BW.

leif e
Hello leif e,

Great images of your lovely daughter. Hope she has fully reovered from her illness and she will continue to enjoy her sports. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

D

ddk

Lots of strange things are done to hamper the information flow here in Asia, and not even half of it makes sense, even if you think you understand what they're trying to achieve :confused:

Thank you for posting the curves/levels link. That was a really great one. Lots of things to learn there :thumbup:
Its not only in Asia, my friend is a army photographer here and they also have loads of restrictions, including picture hosting sites like pbase, flickr, etc. which they can't access from work.