The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My lovely GRD

D

ddk

There's something very special about GRDs and the way they render a scene, people talk about DP1's lens but I think that was my biggest problem with that camera. I never liked the rendering of that lens, and looking at your pictures it reaffirms my love and appreciation for the Ricoh.

RvN

So many lovely pictures in this thread! I recently bought a GRD after seeing the results on this forum. It is so pocketable and I love the results of this little camera!

Thanks for the inspiration to all.

Roel

Here are some of my pics:

RvN

Nice shot of the plane with boarding people.

I'm always afraid to get arrested when shooting at airports/landingstrips. Two years ago I got out of the plane in Barcelona and wanted to take a picture of the beautifull light over the runways when some of the officials stopped me. It was forbidden to take pictures..

Klaus you have a great selection of pictures in this thread! In fact you are partly responsible for me buying the GRD. Thanks!:thumbup:

cpclee

kweide: I'm quite amazed by your photos, both by your vision as well as the technical quality. My own experience with the GRD was marred by a lot of chromatic aberration and purple fringes, blown out highlights, as well as occasionally murky color balance. May I ask how you shoot/process your pics? They have a really nice textured/film-like quality and smooth tones and are free of CA and purple fringes.

I've always considered the GRD to have the most soothing palette though, and your photos confirmed that thought.

kweide

Thanx to all of you. Thanx for all your sweet words and the encouragement you gave me. Thanx for the flowers.

Here are my flowers for you. GRD again :)

Rick Waldroup

Hi Rick,

Nice pics! Did you shoot in B&W or convert them later?

Grtz, Roel
Thanks for the kind words.

These are straight from the B&W jpg's in the camera. I then processed them through Silver Efex. However, very little was done in post processing- just normal stuff. So, this is pretty much how they came out of the camera.

Rick Waldroup

I confirm. In B&W the GRD is nearly unbeatable ....and sooooo small.
Yes, that is one of the main reasons I bought the camera- because of the really nice B&W images it produces. In fact, I don't think I have processed anything I have shot with it in color. It has all been B&W.

I had pro body Nikon DSLR's that could not match the B&W images that the Ricoh produces.

kweide

Burn, burn, burn away those f... cold days... chase away all cold ghostsss...
Boy i think i had one or two beers too far...

leif e

Now I´m curious! I´ve had two GRDs and one GRD2, and I´ve found them to be noisy (visually speaking:p), especially the first two.
The pics I see here are of excellent quality, so I wonder; what ISO-levels are you shooting at? And; do you post-process a lot (anti-noise software?).

leif e