The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nokia 808 images

Thorkil

Thanks Mazor!
But an expectation of 1600 or 3200 iso is fare out of the game for either of them, I guess?
Thorkil

scho

Thanks Mazor!
But an expectation of 1600 or 3200 iso is fare out of the game for either of them, I guess?
Thorkil
I think that the 1020, particularly with OIS, can handle 1600 -3200 reasonably OK. Here are 3 OOC 5mp jpgs I just took in a dark corner of the kitchen with the 1020 set at Auto (used ISO 800, 1/5 sec), ISO 1600 (1/13 sec), and ISO 3200 (1/25 sec). All handheld by old, shaky hands. :)

Thorkil

Thank you Carl, they are good and very usefull!
But perhaps is the 808 less bulkier in the pocket, even thought its thicker.
Could anyone post 800/1600/3200 from the 808 too?
Thorkil

scho

Thank you Carl, they are good and very usefull!
But perhaps is the 808 less bulkier in the pocket, even thought its thicker.
Could anyone post 800/1600/3200 from the 808 too?
Thorkil
I don't have both yet to do a comparison, but the 1020 lies very flat inside my travel vest breast pocket or inside jacket pocket with no bulge, even with the grip attached.

scho

I finally received a Nokia 808 yesterday. Still trying to get familiar with the new phone, but so far no major problems. I still have the 1020 as well, but will most likely keep the 808 for the better IQ.

A handheld garden shot of some fall crocus. Didn't see the hopper munching on one of the blossoms until after I processed the image. Used Camera Pro at 41 mp and 90% setting.

Quarter size

100% crop

scho

Some fine detail in a 41 mp (100% jpg mode) Nokia 808 shot, re-sampled to 50% and cropped in LR.

scho

Pair of shots taken with the Nokia 808 and NEX6 with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar. The Nokia original was 41 mp, cropped and resampled in LR. No sharpening. The NEX shot (16 mp) was cropped and resampled to same size, sharpened in LR. Both handheld.

Nokia 808

NEX 6

Thorkil

Carl, could you be persuated to do 800/1600/3200iso shots with the 808 too, just to compare with the 1020?
Best
Thorkil

scho

Carl, could you be persuated to do 800/1600/3200iso shots with the 808 too, just to compare with the 1020?
Best
Thorkil
Here are 3 shots each from the 808 and 1020 at base ISO, 800, and 1600. There is no 3200 on the 808. All shot handheld in high res mode and resized to 2400 pix wide in LR.

Base ISO

808 (ISO 64)

1020 (ISO 100)

ISO 800

ISO 1600

Thorkil

Thank you Carl! But now I'm just a bit more confused, while here the 1020 seems to handle colours better, and perhaps more correct?, and handle the high iso better too..hhmm....
on the other hand Jorgens B&W of the little boy(#66) is so clear that it could have been taken with a M9.
Thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
... on the other hand Jorgens B&W of the little boy(#66) is so clear that it could have been taken with a M9.
Thorkil
Can't be that clear, since you can't even see that it's a girl :poke: :ROTFL:

Jokes aside, this is some amazing technology, and I keep wondering how it would work with a larger sensor, like m4/3, and with RAW output. That would mean roughly 80MP and clean, sharp images of 30-40MP... if the lenses can resolve that much.

Or will the development go the other way, and produce tiny cameras, Like the Pentax Q? I wouldn't mind a camera with all the lenses I need weighing less than a kilogram :p

Thorkil

Can't be that clear, since you can't even see that it's a girl :poke: :ROTFL:
Sorry Jörgen, Yes now that I've put some sharper glasses in front of my eyes(!) its clear and obviously it's a beautiful Little girl! :p
Come to that...and all the other hard dicisions in ones camera-life, buying a cell-phone with a splendid camera inside, and leave your GR at home is perhaps at matter of deciding your pocket-strategy and bunch-of-key strategy in your right pocket: leave all the 15 different keys from your right pocket in the car, and just go with your private front door key in your left pocket and the carry your GR ALL time totally unprotected in your right pocket (knowing that if you ruin the tiny lensblades, you just buy a new GR while its almost same Price as a 1020 or 808), and then perhaps just leave a primitive small Nokia 3010 or 510 cellphone that doesn't care for scrathes in your left....(I love my GR...and its still some notches better than a 808!)...the freedom of being totally even-small-size-bag-free could be a very tempting goal.
Thorkil

mazor

Can someone tell me what the slot near the bottom of the camera module is for?

the slot below is the breathing slot for your Nokia 808, cover it for too long and it will die!

nah, actually it is a laser canon, to take out un cooperative subjects ;)

Actually it is a speaker slow. Cover it up ,and you will find ring tones, or media playback muffled. Guess it is best to keep that port clear.

scho

the slot below is the breathing slot for your Nokia 808, cover it for too long and it will die!

nah, actually it is a laser canon, to take out un cooperative subjects ;)

Actually it is a speaker slow. Cover it up ,and you will find ring tones, or media playback muffled. Guess it is best to keep that port clear.
Thanks mazor. I thought at first it was a coin slot and I'd have to put in a nickel for each shot.:ROTFL: