The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nokia 808 images

mazor

Heres a cute dog I captured the other day using the Nokia 808

Not too bad detail for an ISO 250 shot from a mobile phone

Stefan Steib

New shots from an Autumn walk at Hörbranz/Bodensee/Austria

all shot with my Nokia N808. I really like that little sucker.
It´s always in my pocket when I need it. I would not have shot this
otherwise.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

mazor

Wow, impressive shot Stefan, what kind of processing did you do to the 1st and 3rd shot.

The 808 may be an obsolete smartphone, but the camera is far from obsolete.

Stefan Steib

All just Photoshop - the first has a little trick (only fast lane - I didn´t do it very carefully) the right half is a tiny bit off the color balance of the left. (only done with cmd/L) and the 3rd is also toned and then dodge and burn a bit in single channels to get some depth.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Every time I'm tempted to buy a Ricoh or another kewl, little camera with 28 or 35mm lens, I take a look at some photos I've taken with the Nokia, and end up thinking: Nah, why pay for and carry one more piece of gear. The 808 can still be used to take decent photos now and then. Black and white out of the camera:

mazor

indeed, my 808 is still being used heavily for landscape stills as well as video! I do not think I have come across any other phone that handles video as well as the 808. The hifi stereo mics pics can pick up the faintest sounds from a pin dropping to a loud concert, with no discernible distortion or over amplification. Also the digital lossless zoom, also works brilliantly.

Here is some trees I captured the other day captured in full 38MP resolution of course!