The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nokia 808 images

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's still a good camera, night as well as day. Nobody cares anymore of course. It's yesterday's news, and as such obsolete and hardly usable anymore. Still I use it, with all its quirks. Happy New Year!

mazor

Nokia 808 captures a cat in Thailand

Click the image to resolve more detail

Like Doug Peterson says, one of the advantages of more pixels, is the ability to crop. The 808 may not be 100MP, but 41MP still allows for good flexible cropping

Last edited:

scho

Sunflowers shot with the Nokia 808 and processed with CameraPro as a 41 mp image. Cross posted as a comparison shot in the Sigma sdQ thread, Other Cameras forum.

scho

Another 41 mp processed image from CameraPro 3.5.1. Updates no longer available via store, no uninstaller, and would need to do a complete reset before trying to manually install a new version so I'll stay with this version of CameraPro for the life of the phone.

Last edited:

mazor

nice shots scho. Good use of external light sources for the still life.

I am using camera pro 3.5.0. Is there much difference between that and 3.5.1?

scho

nice shots scho. Good use of external light sources for the still life.

I am using camera pro 3.5.0. Is there much difference between that and 3.5.1?
I doubt that there is much difference. The current version is 3.6, but since there is no longer an update path the only way to install would be a complete reset first. You can't install a new version if there is already an older version installed and there is no way to uninstall cleanly other than reset the phone. I don't know why he set this up this way.

mazor

Pretty sure there is an "uninstall" feature built into Symbian. You need to go into settings and then installations, then already installed and uninstall that way.

scho

Pretty sure there is an "uninstall" feature built into Symbian. You need to go into settings and then installations, then already installed and uninstall that way.
Thanks. I finally figured out that I had to simply press and hold on the installed CameraPro icon in the installed folder to bring up the drop down menu with the remove command. Now have 3.6 installed.