The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The D2

S

stnami

Next month mine if off to another Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, number 4..................

Terry

The D2 is a wonderful camera with an unfortunate sensor problem. It is the camera that got me back into photography. It works like a camera should and has a great lens. If Leica/Panny took body including lens and simply updated the guts I would be first in line to buy a new one. When mine died last spring, and the wait for a new sensor was months, I asked Leica if they would do an upgrade to the M8 instead of the Digilux 3 offer and they said yes! All that being said, all those thousands spent on lenses for the M8 and I would still get a new version of that camera.

S

stnami

Sensor was changed early 2006............most were night shots with the onboard flash

S

spylaw4

Still waiting for mine to come back from Solms. Mid - October despatch with 8 weeks quoted. Missing it - you don't realise how much you liked it until you don't have it around!