The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christmas in Tokyo

cjlacz

One of the apartment buildings under construction near my office put up some lights. I had trouble getting it to work in color so I tried B&W and I was surprised how different they ended up being. I think I like the Aperture one a bit more. It's almost 1am, so too late for me to mess around with them anymore tonight.

Aperture:

Lightzone:

Raw:
http://idisk.mac.com/clacz-Public?view=web (christmas1.dng)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Cool shot. Since you supplied the RAW, I played around with a few things. This is Raw Developer to PS4. I might have gone a bit heavy on the noise suppression. Amazing how many different outcomes are possible from one RAW file.

Tim

cjlacz

I think I'm having too much fun fiddling with all the levers and dials right now. I like your interpretation. You pulled out the details in the sky better then I did. I was trying to pull out more of the Christmas lights so I was messing with the B&W conversion options which is why I ended up the weird taxi colors sometime.

I need to do some reading on B&W photography.

cjlacz

I like that! I think I'm going to have to pick up the complete pack for Aperture sometime. I need to figure out a good way to get rid of the lens flare too.