The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon P6000 or Panansonic DMC-G1

N

notnormal1969

Hi there,

I am considering buying a new camera as I have lost my much loved Nikon 5000.

I am looking at either the Nikon P6000 or Panansonic DMC-G1, my criteria is that I want a compact camera with great picture quality that supports lots of different scene modes. I have a SLR so I am not looking to replace that, and also I would like this camera to support the RAW format if possible.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kr,
Richard

Rawfa

If you're not looking for a SLR you shouldn't be looking into the DMC-G1. I used to own a P6000 before I bought the PANA LX3. It took some nice pictures and it has a better interface for manual control than the LX3. The thing I dind't like about it was the wb and the autofocus. I didn't think they were as good as they could be. You're welcome to check my blog for photos taken with the P6000. The P6000 photos go from "Circus people" until "Oldman reading".