The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 - hard to get ?

Tim

I've been waiting for an LX3 to come into stock at my local photo dealer for about 6 to 8 weeks and still no stock? :thumbdown: With the AU dollar down against the US$ it makes more sense to buy from a local dealer than online from OS.

You would think in this time of "economic slowdown" there would be some stock about but it seems not. :cry: I've tried contacting Panasonic online but so far no response :(

Perhaps I should consider a GX200 instead? :salute:

mazor

hmmm I had no trouble getting my LX3. loving every bit of it. What is really amazing is the 720P video recording quality. It really is amazing, pity about the bulky file size, and inability to record more than 10.5 minutes due to memory card 2Gb file size limitations.

Mazor

Tim

Mazor, thanks for the info on the movie file limit. We are thinking of trying the LX3 at 720p and this 10 minute limit is worth knowing about.

Thanks

Tim

Yippee... :clap: I got a call from my dealer to let me know that my LX3 had arrived. :) :) :)

Initial observations are. The camera is a little trickier to hold than my GRD II - the large rubber area for the GRD is a lot more to purchase onto. I will have to get used to dealing with a lens cap again :eek:. Focus speed seems fast for a compact camera, I certainly have seen slower. The controls seem positive and an ok size for my hands. The menus are easy to navigate. But that LCD is certainly produces a lovely detailed image. :thumbup:

Tomorrow I'll be off to make some images :bugeyes: - I find the light in my part of the world is quite harsh at any time of the day and particularly in summer (I am downunder!) so it will be interesting.

mazor

same here I have been debating a case for my LX3 for a while. tried the leather flip case for it, although very smart looking, it seemed to bulk up the camera to an extent it would not be pocketable.

Mazor

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
When I had mine, It slept in a Tamrac 5217. I cut the strap off and left it on the belt.
The case holds the camera, a few batteries, cards etc and is very compact.
The best part is that the belt loop is sewn on the case, no velcro or snaps to come loose....shooter

charlesphoto

I think the official LX3 leather case looks really nice. Waiting for it to come back into stock in the US though. It has a seperate top and bottom. The bottom looks like it would give a nice grip on the camera and still be able to fit in a pocket.

mazor

I think the official LX3 leather case looks really nice. Waiting for it to come back into stock in the US though. It has a seperate top and bottom. The bottom looks like it would give a nice grip on the camera and still be able to fit in a pocket.

yes thats the one i tried at the shop, but bulks up camera and makes it less pocketable.

Mazor

W

willpix

A bit off topic here, but can anyone recommend one or two good places, preferably in the US, where I can make an online purchase of the conversion lens adapter? Although I haven't attempted to make an exhaustive search for the past two weeks, the last time I checked there was no place I could find in the US. I was able to score the Wide Conversion Lens (DMW-LW46) through Amazon.com weeks ago, but that item is still sitting around unused and useless sans the converter. On top of that, i'm unable to use the 46mm protective UV filter I bought to protect the front element of the LX-3's Summicron zoom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Irenaeus

A bit off topic here, but can anyone recommend one or two good places, preferably in the US, where I can make an online purchase of the conversion lens adapter? Although I haven't attempted to make an exhaustive search for the past two weeks, the last time I checked there was no place I could find in the US. I was able to score the Wide Conversion Lens (DMW-LW46) through Amazon.com weeks ago, but that item is still sitting around unused and useless sans the converter. On top of that, i'm unable to use the 46mm protective UV filter I bought to protect the front element of the LX-3's Summicron zoom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Go to this site, top left, scroll down to Sigma DP 1, open it up and enjoy!

http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/G7.html

Cheers,

Irenaeus

W

willpix

Irenaeus:

Many thanks for your reply to my request for suggestions as to where I might score the original Panny lens converter that would enable me to use my Wide Conversion Lens DMW-LW46. I checked out the link you furnished and could only find info pertaining to the Sigma DP-1 camera. Please correct me if I'm missing something, but all the data I could find there pertained ONLY to the Sigma DP-1. None of the lens accessories discussed on the lensmate site, so far as I could determine, had any relevance to my Panasonic LX-3 camera.

To repeat briefly, I'm looking for a trustworthy online dealer that has in stock the Panasonic lens adapter that would enable me to screw in the DMW-LW46 (thread diameter of 46 mm) I already own, and thus be able to enjoy the benefits of an 18 mm wideangle at the widest end. Plse let me hear from you if you have suggestions. Many thanks!

M

meilicke

I like to wear my LX3 crossed over my shoulder and under my jacket (this time of year), so was thinking of the official Lumix case (or this red version:thumbup:). But I'm not sure I like the everready style, especially the little screw that attaches the case to the camera. Sometimes I put the camera in smallish pockets, and the case would add too much bulk (for me).

So now I'm thinking of going with this case. I'll still be able to put the case around my shoulder, and then take out the camera, maybe with a wrist strap, and shoot freely. My only concern is how easy it is to get the camera out of the case.

There is also a Luigi case, which looks very nice.

-Scott