The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few from my old Lumix LX1

C

cledry

This is my first post so be gentle, honest C&C welcome. I am not sure of the etiquette of this forum, so if I have made a mistake please let me know.

These were taken with my Lumix LX1 at a local mall. I find I don't have trouble when I use a small camera, but a DSLR brings the mall cops who generally are nice but insist that no photography is allowed.

There might be larger examples on my Flickr pages.

fordfanjpn

This is my first post so be gentle, honest C&C welcome. I am not sure of the etiquette of this forum, so if I have made a mistake please let me know.

These were taken with my Lumix LX1 at a local mall. I find I don't have trouble when I use a small camera, but a DSLR brings the mall cops who generally are nice but insist that no photography is allowed.
Great mall shots! Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more, as long as you can keep avoiding the mall cops. :thumbup:

To be honest, I didn't know what an LX1 was, so I had to look it up on DPR. Their review complained a lot about noise, but I sure don't see any problem with your shots! Could you comment a bit on how your process your files?

Bill

C

cledry

Thanks Bill.

At the time these shots were taken I used Neat Image with some custom profiles. Since then I have switched to Nik Dfine 2.0 but am still learning the ropes, but it looks very promising.

I also keep the camera on the lowest ISO for the most part. The third shot was at ISO 200 and it shows some noise but I think it isn't offensive in a B&W shot. The LX1 IMHO retains detail at the expense of noise and I prefer it over the LX2 and even the LX3 at base ISO. I was never tempted to buy the LX2 but the LX3 is tempting.

Jim