The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DPReview

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
DPReview was thinking who pays them the most ad money. I have found their reviews useless. I'll stick with Sean Reid's or Luminous Landscapes.

ShiroKuro

Be really funny if the Ricoh R10 comes out on top ...... ; )

I agree with Johnastovall...Sean Reid ,LL and the comments here at GetDPI ....... invaluable source for information ........

Lili you looking for another camera ; ) for christmas ?

O

Oxide Blu

Over the years Ricoh has produced some above average little cameras, both for film and digital. No idea about the R10, tho.

Personally, I have found no better place for down to Earth, real-world photography information than right here. :thumbs:

Lili

Oxide agreed about DPI!
Charley, actually yes (Hi I'm Lili, I have a Gear addicition)
Pop Flash has the R10 on a very good sale....

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

That does appear to be an odd choice for the Ricoh camera. I can maybe see they left out the GRD2 due to no zoom but the GX200? I agree with the the rest regarding where the real reviews are.

V

VladimirV

I disagree with their assesment of the R10 completely, their sample is not very good either. I have been testing it for a while now and have got great results out of it. It can not really compete with the GRDs or GX cameras when it comes to distortion, flare or detail but it gives great results in a small package.

Here are a few pictures I've taken with it:

O

Oxide Blu

That's all I needed to see. Obviously, I need to get an R10 to keep the GRDII and GX200 company. One can never have too many small cameras. :D

There should be a Ricoh Club, like a wine club, where we buy an annual membership and they send us a new camera every quarter. :thumbup: