The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

when the dam breaks

woodyspedden

Wayne

Great to see the wonderful De Young museum back in business.

In 1993 I took our company public and we had a congratulatory evening with all of my staff at the De Young. They sent along a docent who took us through the exhibits that were being displayed at the time. Wonderful time in a wonderful place.

Woody

smokysun

woody,

the first time to the new museum, i thought they'd wasted a lot of space. but this time around i was won over. still haven't been up to the tower to see the city. i think you'll really be impressed with the new place. a bit of a mob scene yesterday with the holidays. take everybody for a another party!

shooter,
that's a great tip on resetting the buttons. that will definitely speed things up. could you post the hyperfocal distances? thanks.

best,
wayne

ps just set the zoom buttons for metering and iso. really helpful. looks like there are more ways than one to skin a cat.
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Hyperfocal distances for DP-1 are as follows....

f 4.0 12.6'

f 5.6 8.93'

f 8.0 6.33'

f 11 4.49'

The camera focused at these settings will render everything from 1/2 the Hyperfocal Distance to Infinity in acceptable focus....