The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP-1 Thoughts and Findings

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thank You Sir,

Well, at iso 400, noise reduction is not needed. It's a hard edit for me but there are certain images that are screaming to be in the final selection.

here's one....01-09-0138 (month-year-file number)

Last edited:
D

ddk

Thank You Sir,

Well, at iso 400, noise reduction is not needed. It's a hard edit for me but there are certain images that are screaming to be in the final selection.

here's one....01-09-0138 (month-year-file number)
Interesting shot, like it a lot!

Mikec

I would like to share my thoughts on the DP-1 as well.

Yes, it's slow after you take a shot. Yes, it's slow if you want it to AF. Yes, the LCD is sad compared to other cameras. *But* I enjoy using it very much! To me, there will never be the perfect camera. It comes down to finding the one that suits me best at the moment. For now, it's the DP-1 if it's bright. GRD II or the LX-3 when it gets dark. If camera form factor is not a big factor, it's the D700 with Zeiss lenses. :D

The MF control is awesome! The "feel" of the photographs is unique and I like it a lot. Now that ACR supports the DP-1 raw, it makes the post-processing much faster.

I use Richard Franiec's grip and it makes the camera much more pleasant to use. Instead of the Sigma VF, I use the Voigtlander 28mm. I find the view of the Voigtlander VF to be brighter.

I would love to see the following improvements to the next generation of this genre of camera,
- MF control lock
- Faster RAW write speed
- DNG support
- Faster lens
- Better high ISO performance
- Maybe IS

I have used many other cameras and DP-1 is definitely a wonderful camera to use. The cameras that I have used are,
- GRD II
- GX-200
- G9
- G10
- LX-3

If you would like to know my experiences with these other cameras compared to DP-1, I would gladly share.