The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pimping my DP1

fordfanjpn

It's horribly overpriced, but I do like the Sigma hard leather case. On my next trip, I plan to wear the DP1 around my neck with the GRD2 attached to my belt. If you're going to go photogeek, you might as well do it in style (... if only the one item, as in my case).
OK, I'll confess - I wear the DP1 around my neck and put the GRD2 in my pocket. If you have a suggestion for a belt case for the GRD2, I'd love to hear it.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Very nice. Just one question, why are the DP1 threads list under small sensor camera? I thought that was for the likes of the Lumix and Ricoh and those sort of small sensors.
OK, the real answer is that Guy wanted to us to keep the DP1 posts in the Small Sensor forum. Just doing as told! :D

Bill

fordfanjpn

I use Ricoh's GC-2 case: www.ricoh.com/r_dc/option/case/. It's just big enough to accommodate the GV-2 viewfinder. In fact, if you don't have the viewfinder attached, it slides around some. The belt loop is very secure. I haven't had any problems with it even in a crowded environment.
Thanks David. When I followed that link, I remembered that I actually have the GC-1 case for my GRD2, but haven't used it much and didn't even realize that it has a belt loop. Now I can put it on my belt and have it with me all the time. :)

Bill

Amin

OK, the real answer is that Guy wanted to us to keep the DP1 posts in the Small Sensor forum. Just doing as told! :D

Bill
I think he later decided on 'Other Cameras' for the DP1. Btw, I like your pimped out DP1 and wish I had a local store with that sort of gear!

O

Oxide Blu

The VF is really nice. I haven't tried it yet on the GRDII.

It is not a perfect match to what the cameras sees, but close enough. When you mount it, compare the image in the VF with the image on the camera's LCD display, then when shooting with the VF apply the appropriate Kentucky windage. Works great! :thumbup: