The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ice Storm in Dallas

cjlacz

I love how after the ice storms everything looks like crystal. The bit of green in the trees is nice. I imagine traffic was terrible this morning, or people gotten better at driving on ice? :D

Lili

I love how after the ice storms everything looks like crystal. The bit of green in the trees is nice. I imagine traffic was terrible this morning, or people gotten better at driving on ice? :D
Thank you cjlacz! Actually the roads had little if any ice today. However the wet pavement was more than enough for multiple crashes :(
This ice in the trees has cause numerous power failures too.
Sigh

Robert Campbell

I particularly like the first, with the splash of green.
It's only minus 8 Celsius here, but the daughter in Berlin is 'enjoying' minus 12
and the boys at school have temperatures going down to minus 20 Celsius at
night.

O

Oxide Blu

Seeing those ice drops on the branches reminds me of something I saw last month, perhpas the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It was raining very heavy one night. The weather cleared, not a cloud in the sky, and then it got freezing cold. The rain drops froze on the evergreen trees overnight. The next morning the early sun shone through those millions of ice drops in the forest, from the ground to the top of the tallest tree. It was as if each frozen ice drop was a different color of piercing brilliance. OMG!!! My first thought was to grab the camera -- my second thought was to just enjoy it. I did, and I'm glad because it didn't last but for a few moments, then the ice was melted and it was gone.

Jeremy

Great shots, Lili! I'll add mine from that evening once I get time to process them (haven't even downloaded them yet!)--was stuck inside at work all day so I didn't get to go out and play until I got home and took the dog out.

monza

Great shots! But I'm glad it didn't freeze a few miles down the road. I have been through enough ice storms. :)