The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 & G10 @ Mummers Parade

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
I have the entire unedited shoot up on my site. Feel free to look at what the cameras can do at a crazy parade, with Blackberry Brandy and 4 hours sleep in the eyes.
The shoot will be edited by tomorrow and removed from the site.

My images are in there that I feel is my personal work but the $$$ stuff is there too, thus the reason for the work being unedited....

Page "NYD"

Don

Lili

Interesting series Don
Did you find it hard to juggle mindset/user interfaces between the 2 cameras?
I know if I take more than one camera to an event, I end up using just one...

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Interesting series Don
Did you find it hard to juggle mindset/user interfaces between the 2 cameras?
I know if I take more than one camera to an event, I end up using just one...
Lili, Thanks.....

No problem with two cameras. I have the DP1 set to where I just see and release.....the G10 is the composer...auto focus etc.....

I never used a light meter with my Leica's for over 30 years till I got the M6. In fact, even with my 8 x 10 Deardorff, I don't use a light meter. I just feel the light and it's usually on, I make 1 exposure with that camera, even money shoots...

don

J

jenford

Yeah - I'm a Philly gal. Been here about 20 years or so. Great parade we have here - lots of photo taking opportunities :)

Best,
jen ford

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne,

I just did the 1st edit for myself. it's cut in half, then half again untill I get the absolute best...even if it's just 1.
The DP1 did 2xs the G10 and I and others like the DP1 images better. I feel more connected.

Lili

Wayne,

I just did the 1st edit for myself. it's cut in half, then half again untill I get the absolute best...even if it's just 1.
The DP1 did 2xs the G10 and I and others like the DP1 images better. I feel more connected.
Interesting, I feel that way about my GRD. Rather like slipping on a pair of jeans that have been worn enough to fit perfectly ^_^

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Lili,
True enuff..well stated. The DP1 with the grip is at home in
my vision. It's just very comfortable in all respects.
A true companion. For my personal work,it's all I need.
shooter