price € 1199

RX10 official release - YouTube

SONY RX10

20MP 1"-type BSI CMOS sensor
    24-200mm equivalent F2.8 lens
    Built-in 3-EV Neutral Density filter
    Flip-out, 1.3m dot (VGA resolution) rear LCD
    1.14m dot OLED viewfinder
    ISO 125 - 12,800 (expandable down to ISO 80)
    Approx 10fps continuous shooting in 'Speed Priority mode'
    Wi-Fi with NFC for easier connection (with compatible devices)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sony RX10

looks like a nice piece of equipment. It is like having a RX100 inards with a much more ergonomic body, plus an amazing super zoom lens which exudes quality!

Post Thanks / Like

US$1300 for a superzoom… seems expensive.. BUT.. the RX10 sports a 24-200mm (35mm equiv) with a fixed f2.8 thought out the range. That is quite unheard of, has there ever really been a lens with this range for the aperture?

Have a look more here.. Sony Unveils the RX10, a High Performance Superzoom for the RX Lineup

Having said that I am not sure its for me. I don't often use the long end much but I can see it will appeal.

Post Thanks / Like

Panasonic has a super zoom that aso has constant aperture to 600mm effective focal length, but the drawback is the sensor is much smaller than the RX10, which should equate to a different quality image.
    Last edited by mazor; 17th October 2013 at 20:13.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I was, initially, a little underwhelmed by the RX10 announcement, I have to admit that the more I read (and think) about it, the more appealing it becomes.

Extrapolating from the output of my RX100, and then envisaging the slightly greater wide angle, and double the reach at the long end, coupled with the constant aperture... well, I'm tempted.

I'm not deciding yet, but I AM planning to keep a very close watch on reports/reviews etc...

Post Thanks / Like

New to photography, but wanted a system without having to buy multiple lenses. The camera takes great photos and is easy to use in auto and aperture mode. Movies are easy to take and are clear wih great audio. Ordering was easy from b&h, and the product arrived early!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willyande View Post
    New to photography, but wanted a system without having to buy multiple lenses. The camera takes great photos and is easy to use in auto and aperture mode. Movies are easy to take and are clear wih great audio. Ordering was easy from b&h, and the product arrived early!
    I'm interested to read your thoughts on the RX10. I've got close to getting one a couple of times since my post in October, but vague nagging doubts (and financial constrictions) have kept me from pulling the trigger.

However, I'm still interested, and may yet go for it, as the convenience of the very-capable all-in-one camera still appeals. Some sample shots would be useful to help me avoid spending money...