The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

joined RX-100 Mk2 ranks today

Wasn't originally planning for this, but our nex-5 failed about a week back with a broken lcd making it utterly useless. I immediately started looking for a viable option for a family camera (mostly used by my wife) and the RX-100 fit the bill perfectly. Better image quality than the 3 year old nex-5 and smaller, lighter, with better range and faster lens than the 18-55 kit lens on the nex-5.

I knew the rx-100 was small, but boy did it surprise me still when I had it in my hands the first time. It is TINY!

Also got the sony screen protector + rubber grip for it and a brand new Sandisk extreme uhs-i 64GB sdxc card. Should be enough even with plenty of video!

Being a typical man, I skipped the user manual.. and almost immediately was frustrated with "large green rectangle" as focus indicator when testing low light.. quick google and disabled the AF assist light. Bada-bing Bada-boom! I got my small AF lock rectangle back :)

Oh yeah, I also put on the Gordy's wrist strap from the nex-5 corpse.. fits perfectly.

//Juha

Yeah, seems like a great little performer. The weather here has lately sucked really bad, so my new cameras are just waiting to be used.. shooting inside the hoise doesn't really tempt me :(

//Juha

tbhv55

Yes, I sympathise... we've had some pretty awful weather in the UK for the past 3-4 months.:( Just hoping that it improves soon.