Site Sponsors

Thread: joined RX-100 Mk2 ranks today

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up joined RX-100 Mk2 ranks today

Wasn't originally planning for this, but our nex-5 failed about a week back with a broken lcd making it utterly useless. I immediately started looking for a viable option for a family camera (mostly used by my wife) and the RX-100 fit the bill perfectly. Better image quality than the 3 year old nex-5 and smaller, lighter, with better range and faster lens than the 18-55 kit lens on the nex-5.

I knew the rx-100 was small, but boy did it surprise me still when I had it in my hands the first time. It is TINY!

Also got the sony screen protector + rubber grip for it and a brand new Sandisk extreme uhs-i 64GB sdxc card. Should be enough even with plenty of video!

Being a typical man, I skipped the user manual.. and almost immediately was frustrated with "large green rectangle" as focus indicator when testing low light.. quick google and disabled the AF assist light. Bada-bing Bada-boom! I got my small AF lock rectangle back

Oh yeah, I also put on the Gordy's wrist strap from the nex-5 corpse.. fits perfectly.

//Juha

Post Thanks / Like

Re: joined RX-100 Mk2 ranks today

Great camera - congratulations. I have the Mk I, and it amazes me almost every time I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, seems like a great little performer. The weather here has lately sucked really bad, so my new cameras are just waiting to be used.. shooting inside the hoise doesn't really tempt me

//Juha

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I sympathise... we've had some pretty awful weather in the UK for the past 3-4 months. Just hoping that it improves soon.