The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X100s or Sony RX 100?

rayyan

I am planning a short trip on a tropical island.

Just one small camera ( + iPhone ).

Which one would you advise me to take; sea, sand, forest, sun..very big sun.

Thanks for any suggestions provided.

Regards.

RX100 is smaller and has a more versatile lens. X100S is terrific if you can survive with just 35mm. Also X100S has the hybrid viewfinder.. So both have their benefits, you need to pick and choose.

I would probably go with the RX100, but that's just me..

//Juha

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I would take the Fuji, but then, I don't like cameras without a viewfinder. Also, with a big, big sun, you need all the DR you can get. Fuji provides that.

I assume that these are cameras that you already own. If not, the Fuji X20 is an interesting alternative.

rayyan

Juha, mazor, Jorgen.

Thank you all for your input.

I do have these two cams. And I really do not want to take both.

The DR needed is what is bothering me. But then it is not a photography holiday.

No sunbathing for me..not needed:D

Just sit inside my room, watch the waves, maybe step down into the sea once in a while and let my wife acclimatize to sea level!!

Thanks once again folks.

Regards.

p.s. mazor if I got the underwater housing, I would have to learn to swim too!!:shocked:

Take the Fuji X100.

If you are in very bright light for taking pictures, it will be a nightmare with the RX100 without a real viewfinder.

You can neither frame correctly in very sunny light, nor will you see where you have the exact focus point or the right moment i.e. the smile in a face.

Or wait for the RX100 MKIII with the internal EVF :)