The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 Visits CES

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ya know, I'm like all falling in love with the new GX-200 and letting the DP1 sleep fer a few dayz....then I come to this thread and it just awakens that longing to work that DP1.....hmmmmm

Thank the LORD that the weekend is near.......
shooter...sighing...

DavidE

This is the same area of the Venetian hotel where the living statue "performs."

ISO 100, f/4, 1/30 second

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Thanks, Lili. The DP1 does have a nice tonal range, though I often bump up against the limitations. With this image, when I try to lose the blowouts in the living statue's garment, I end up sacrificing something. It's remarkable that everything else can look so good given the extremes in lighting.

ISO 100, f/4, 1/30 second

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

I was staying at Circus Circus again for CES, so I poked my head in the Adventuredome to take a few shots. Here's one of them.

ISO 100, f/4, 1/25 second

DavidE

Same scene, different angle.

ISO 100, f/4, 1/25 second

DavidE

Some bling-bling at Circus Circus.

ISO 200, f/4, 1/30 second