The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DPI - amazing results

cam

H ......f 2.8 or f4 means very little in the real world.
in your world, maybe, but otherwise this is total nonsense.

i shoot at f/1.4 more than any other aperture and it has nothing to do with bokeh...

otherwise, thank you for the lesson in street photography.

Lili

For me, I will stay with my GRD first gen and await the DP2 with its 41mm-e and larger aperture (hopefull a better screen too). I have used large apertures in street and other work, with my Hexar. F2.8 on foevon might not be the same as F2 on full frame film, but even subtle isolation due to DOF can be very useful.
I would SO love a digital Hexar AF........

D

ddk

mind you, i am a Sigma fan. the Foveon sensor is the stuff of dreams. i don't even mind SPP as i think it does a tremendous job. the images the DP1 is capable of making are jaw dropping, but god forbid i can actually get one i care about....
How true, that was exactly my experience. I liked the sensor and hated the camera at the same time but I only sold it after reviewing my images of 6 months and didn't find any that I cared about!

cam

How true, that was exactly my experience. I liked the sensor and hated the camera at the same time but I only sold it after reviewing my images of 6 months and didn't find any that I cared about!
thank you, david :) it's nice to know not everybody thinks i'm mad.

D

ddk

thank you, david :) it's nice to know not everybody thinks i'm mad.
It was a rude awakening of sorts, I already knew that I disliked working with the dp1 but I was shocked to see that there wasn't even one keeper in the lot. As you mentioned above Cam, we all have different styles and shoot different things and need tools that work with us rather than against us. GRD will remain as my pocket rocket.