The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
I took an old starburst filter out to a stream and photographed the sun reflecting off the moving water.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

HiltonP

Macro photo of a forged carbon Damascus steel knife blade tip.
Taken handheld, 24mm, f8, 1/25th, ISO 400, no flash, natural indoor lighting.
Converted to b&w in PS CS3, some noise reduction and sharpening.

I'm really enjoying what this camera can achieve using natural light!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
David, thanks.
Hansen, memories of what?
Hilton, nice lens, isn't it.
Simon (sclamb):thumbup: mentioned in a dLux4 thread the film grain mode which of course is also in the LX3. 1600 ASA and 2.5 megapixels and quite interesting.
Some shots wandering the streets tonight.
1/8 to 1/125 sec.
Shot of giant hare (sculpture made with wire) with flash.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Wells Cathedral, a building of such gothic-arched and fan-vaulted splendour.

2 b/w shots shot through a Cokin pastel soft filter producing almost, (whisper it), film like tonal qualities:)

Colour 3 shot pano using PS Elements6, stitched together simply at the press of a button. Unfortunately there is a person standing in the aisle who is only half there:)

Plus a bonus shot of a stained glass window, shot using my special 'stained glass window filter'.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

It is all so fecund wonderful in the wide world of natureland.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Visited one of The Houses of The Holy- this one more holy than most as it is Laycock Abbey in Wiltshire where William Henry Fox Talbot developed (pun intended) the photographic neg/pos process in the 1830s. The doorway in the first picture may even be the one featuring in one of his early pics of a broom leaning in a doorway.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
...and a couple more for your Tithe Barn roof collection. This in the village of Laycock- a village used so often for filming period dramas (think Jane Austen) that there are no yellow lines painted in the street or TV aerials/satellite dishes on the roofs.
800 ASA- 1/30 sec.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
4 shot pano of clouds this afternoon, south of Bath.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Nothing special...just thought I would resurrect the old technique of 'painting with light'. Put the camera on a table, turned off all the lights and painted the scene using the smallest Maglite solitaire torch (size of an index finger, 1 AAA battery). Waved the torch around during 30sec @ f2 exposure. 200 ASA. Custom set colour balance by reading off a white card lit by torch.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Absolutely Fabulous Gandolfi.

Hope i can shoot at 10% of the quality witch you attain,when i get my LX3, your blowin my mind.

Thank you .

Derek.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Derek- thanks- is the LX3 still difficult to buy in England?

Bill- liked the shot of the elephant fountain. In your 1st 'tongue-in-teak' pic, is that a natural fungal growth in the tree or something man made.

I've just started to play with RAW- the 3 leaf pics were my first- and am trying to get to grips with Silkypix, the application which came with the camera. Seems like fun, there is so much more RAW meat on them, it would seem:).

Here is a shot of the weir on River Avon in Bath- worked and converted to b/w in Silkypix.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

Bill- liked the shot of the elephant fountain. In your 1st 'tongue-in-teak' pic, is that a natural fungal growth in the tree or something man made.

I've just started to play with RAW- the 3 leaf pics were my first- and am trying to get to grips with Silkypix, the application which came with the camera. Seems like fun, there is so much more RAW meat on them, it would seem:).
Thanks. I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the jpegs out of the camera. The fungal growth is natural.

I have been using Lightroom with the LX3 raw files, because for some reason I completely forgot about Silkypix! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the reminder. :eek:

Bill

D

D upton-Hackett.

Hello All,

Derek- thanks- is the LX3 still difficult to buy in England?

Cheers,
Gandolfi.
Yes the LX3 could be up to 3 months before we have stock in UK that's according Panasonic UK. :angry::angry:

Derek.