The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Pano of the bandstand in Parade Gardens, Bath, this afternoon.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Tim

Yes the LX3 could be up to 3 months before we have stock in UK that's according Panasonic UK. :angry::angry:

Derek.
Derek, I can feel your frustration, :cry: I had the same problem here in Oz - I just got lucky that I preordered with my dealer - he got two in and I got one. :shocked:

Can I suggest you look at a Ricoh GX200 to tide you over. You could always sell the GX200 later if the LX3 rolls up and you feel the LX3 is better, but you may not?. :rolleyes:

iiiNelson

Well not technically a LX3 but essentially the same - NEW D-Lux 4 images. These are just a few. There's more in my gallery.

iiiNelson

Well I normally hate for my picture to be taken which is ironic in itself but at a special request by my family that hasn't seen me in months I did.

"Self portrait"

"Artistic shot"

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Some pics from exhibition of works by artist Sophie Ryder. Large hare/human made with chicken wire and grey metal wires. Others mainly black plastic wires. Impressive size.

400 ASA- 1/10, 1/8, 1/15 sec.
Shot RAW and processed in Silkypix.

Cheers.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Some pics of 12th Century Dinefwr castle at LLandeilo in South Wales.
Jpegs + iPhoto.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
....and some pics of beautiful fields and trees and winding streams around LLandeilo.

Gandolfi.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Gandolfi.
Very effective in B/W have you added texture for effect?. Or should i go back to the Opticians.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Derek,
A quick wipe of the spectacles should suffice.
These were shot as dynamic b/w jpegs and processed simply/crudely in iPhoto. I made the whites whiter and the blacks blacker, upped the contrast and put a bit into the highlights and added a touch of yellow and magenta.
Here is a quick before and after:)

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Terry

Here are more images taken by my son in April when we went to Lower & Upper Antelope Canyon, Arches NP, Canyonlands, Mule Canyon and Monument Valley.

All shot handheld inside Antelope Canyon.

View attachment 16856

View attachment 16857

View attachment 16858

View attachment 16859
I just met Gerry and his lovely daughter - new forum member and great photographer - Marielle (and if I've spelled it wrong :eek:). After going to the Antelope Canyon for the first time, these pictures, hand held with the LX3 really deserve special kudos. This was not an easy place to photo and Gerry's son is 10 or 11 years old.

E

EWR72

Here´s one I took on the Welsh Coast a couple of weeks ago whilst on holidays.

I only took the LX3 along and I enjoyed the lightweight experience.

E

EWR72

One more but this time of an Iguana captured through the fence. Lucky it didn´t move it´s head quickly and bite off my lense:ROTFL:

This was taken at a theme park where I live.