The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

Rick Waldroup

Hi Derek,
Even I can look pretty spooky when de-saturated:).

Dr. Strangelove,
Thanks-pleased that you like the pics.
I notice no discernible shutter lag when pre-focused to a set distance using manual focus. I shoot always using auto focus and there is not much lag using that either. Yes I was pleased with the LX3 with higher ISO, especially using the Dynamic jPeg setting. All in all, for what it is and what it costs and the fact that it fits in a jacket pocket it's a great little toy.
However judging by the lovely quality of some of the pics on your website and blog you don't need another camera. Is it only increased portability you are after?

Here's a pic of a bank where the wild garlic grows- there's a lot in the countryside here at the moment. The smell is delicious.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.
Thank you for the kind words about my photos. I was interested in the Lumix because I have a project coming up where I will be shooting in low light indoors and will not be able to use a flash. So, the good images at higher ISO's is what interested me in the camera plus, of course, it's small size. I shoot a Ricoh GRDII, but the availability of a zoom and a faster lens on the Lumix would be a pluse, as well.

Thanks once again, Rick.

D

D upton-Hackett.

All cracking images love this theme, along with Wayne's posting makes great viewing, thanks all.

HiltonP

Nice to see this thread still going strong! . . . :)

Here are two very different photos from my LX3 . . . The first taken in Cape Town city centre of a public area recently opened as part of the SWC 2010, and the other of a rather tasty lunch which we enjoyed in a West Coast seaside village north of Cape Town.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Those moules look good, Hilton. Pity you can't mail me a bowlful:)

More sea and sand here, Derek. Done with Elements6.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

A few bits of nature faffed about with P/S Elements6.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

I went to Brittany for a few days and photographed this pine tree on an old coastal path used by customs men in days of yore.

Fiddled in Elements6.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

A couple of seaside shots at St Malo, and a firework conveniently exploding in front of some French tricolores on Bastille day.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Osman.

Here is an amazing cloud over the beach at St. Malo.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

thomasl.se

One from the last day I was using the LX3, a couple of weeks ago. Now sold and replaced with a GF1, which will only and possibly be replaced by a GF2. I don't rule out picking up an LX5 as well.

Anyway, good knowing that this LX3 probably found a good new home, as it was bought by one of a pair of rather barfly looking dudes.

P

PeterLeyssens

Hi everybody,

I wonder why I never looked at this thread before. Really interesting ! While I'm not a big fan of Gandolfi's colour experiments, I *am* a big fan of your B&W experiments and desaturations. And in general, I am very happy to see somebody trying out different ways of approaching visual language to reach the effect you want. :wtf: That sounded like an art critic. Anyway.

I'm happy to say I started to NAP. I also started taking lots of naps because I'm more or less stuck at home with a slipped disk, but the NAP I'm talking about is a small LX3 photo project that you can find at http://nap.techwriter.be. Here's two roadside chapels. The NAP (Nearly a PAD (photo a day)) is square format, dynamic B&W, unprocessed straight out of the camera JPEG only.

Peter.