The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Ha ha, thanks for the compliment.

'Creative mind bender' sounds very much like a cocktail Zaphod Beeblebrox would have ordered at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, in Douglas Adams' 1978 BBC Radio series The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Listen if you can.

Here's an interesting pic which appears to be a colour snap but is actually a B/W toned in Nik silver efex. I wish I remembered how I do these things (must get more organised) but I think this is using split yellow/blue filter. It has ended up to me looking like a now defunct film such as Adox, with a hint of perfectly balanced fill in flash!:) (tho' none used).

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

camping

Now Adox was a Film.

It does date you.

If I remember well Adox has a 10 or 25 ASA film -- the enlargements were limitless and one would use one's body for dodging!

There also was this German B&W paper (cannot remember name) that Kodak bought and "killed". That was the last time that I used a Kodak product. Went over to Agfa.

Paul

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello,

Yes, Adox, the oldest photo-chemical company in the world. I'm surprised body-dodging printing never caught on.

I never used the b/w film but I notice they are still making it and there are some good examples as they even have their own Flickr group!

I had an Adox Polo camera in the early 60's, re-badged in the UK as a Gnome, and used Adox transparency film.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
... and here's a shot which I have have NOT manipulated (quite accurate colours I thought).

This one is called "Et in Arcadia, Big Brother is Watching You":)

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
...so I bought the Nik software and shall be deep therein for a while I think.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Howard,

Thanks a million. It is still a great camera, all things considered. I like it because I never have to focus it or care a too much about the right exposure! All I have to to is fit the shapes and angles into the given area!

IOS is great and here is 1/4 sec completely hand held of something called a "chaotic pendulum" in the Gothic Parish Church of St Mary Redcliffe in Bristol-(a favourite of Queen Elizabeth the First[!]). You can Google to read about it or watch it working. Also an interior shot.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
..and for our French listeners, here is some trompe l'oeil and loads of contre jour..

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Bill,

Thanks.

Yes I think there is something about the attitude of the child, almost Janus like and wondering on the edge of innocence, what's happening over there.

The delicate egg shell creaminess of the processing highlights the fraility of life, a fact only emphasised by the one dimensional nature of the looming building behind.

Still, enough of that, here's an interesting block of flats and a big ball in Bristol.

Cheers,

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Ray, is that background history fit for public consumption?

Here's a faded old postcard with changed priorities...

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

raywest

Is the tram line still there?

I worked? in Brissle for about 18years, mainly in the building I mentioned, starting in about 1967. Back then the docks were working. The best thing about that place, was seeing it in my rear view mirror.

Not much better now.;)

Best wishes,

Ray

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
..so that was in fact The Great Hall at Christ Church College, Oxford.

It had been prepared for a banquet that evening.

Unfortunately I was not on the Invited List.

Here are 3 more around Christ Church; and the round Radcliffe Camera, which houses a Science Library.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited: