The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some colour

Will

I had a wander around the garden this morning and decided it was time for a bit of colour in my images.

DP1

GRD2

GRD2

GRD2

ecliffordsmith

Hi Will,

Nice images! I like the perspectives in the GDR2 ones and the colour saturation in the first is incredible. Did this take much tweaking? The colour of the DP1 seems very impressive.

Will

Thanks Ed,

The DP1 image was quite dull as taken but I pushed the saturation and sharpness and shadows a lot in Sigma photo pro and then did some levels adjustment on PS. As many other people have said, the DP1 files can take a huge amount of pp without suffering.

This as it came from the camera. The processed image is actually closer to how the real thing looks (well probably half way between the two actually)

Last edited:
J

JCdeR

color... top 2 were taken at an exhibition of light. The light in the hall would continously change, altering light, atmosphere and perception. Although I have 180+ images covering this these two will show the extremes ....

mazor

Wow, talk about colour saturation!!

This are excellent images here showing how post processing can really change the way an image is perceived.

Though alot of people may disagree, as after taking hundreds of frames, having to apply different saturation amounts to each image could be troublesome.

But I like the way the image have come out, definitely postcard material here.

Here is an old image I captured using the Nokia N93. Saturation and colour has been pushed here too, but it has been done entirely using the mobile phone, ie no computer post processing what so ever. It just shows how the latest generation of cellphones can do being smart phones.

MAzor

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Will,

Thanks for posting the original. It really helps to get an idea of how maleable the DP1 files appear to be.

I await the DP2 with great interest. Primarily as a 40mm EFOV is much more my kind of focal length than 28mm.

JCdeR/Mazor/Ntrolls,

Very nice images also.

Will

Glad to help Ed.

All excellent images ntrolls mazor and JCdeR

Another one I took today.

GRD2

Last edited: