The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

post your G10 Pictures please

arashm

Hi everyone I'll start this one:
here is a portrait of my little friend LOVIN the snow..
( Shepherd/Husky cross )

mazor

Agreed the dog picture is very detailed, love G10 powerful sensor at low ISOs which can even rival entrry level DSLRs at times.

Mazor

bensonga

Arsham,

I love the photo of your dog! What a handsome fellow...and a good friend, no doubt. You've inspired me to take some more photos of my sweet Bonnie (Cairn Terrier) which I hope to post here soon.

Also....could you tell us more about the lady on the beach photo? Very interesting effect....slow shutter speed? Special post processing?? Do tell.

Re the G10. I've spent many thousands of dollars in the past few years on other cameras and lenses (Ebony 45SU 4x5 and lenses, Pentax 67 lenses, Hasselblad film & digital, including the CFV-II and numerous outstanding Zeiss lenses). All great cameras and lenses, no doubt about it. However, the G10 is the camera I take with me every day. I am truly amazed at the quality some of these small sensor, very portable cameras have achieved. Not the be all and end all of course, but pretty incredible nonetheless.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited:

bensonga

A CAT by any other name.......100% crop from the image above. Not too bad for a small sensor, $400 camera.

Last edited:

arashm

HI Gary
thank you for posting and the compliments.
It's very funny what you say, I shoot with rental Phase and H3D2's for quite a bit of my work and own canon 1Ds3's for the smaller stuff, yet it's usually the little point and shoots that I obsess over, partly because it's these little camera's that capture "my" life and produce images that are important to me down the line. Yes I also carry my G10 in my bag with me everyday/everywhere.
The image of the girl on the beach is actually my better half walking in front of me, very late in the day after sunset, we were walking the same pace, shot at ISO 80, ƒ4.0 at a 6th of a second. I added -2.00 stops of vignetting in capture one 4.6
best of luck
arash

D

DougDolde

As in Old Truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbilt?

arashm

Thank you Oxide Blu
This is the joy of having a little P/S in your jacket pocket to capture little unplanned moments like this.
am