The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few F200EXR shots

fordfanjpn

I dragged myself out to take a few shots with the camera today. Nothing very exciting, but better than nothing. All resized in LR, with a touch of clarity and vibrance on some of them.

Bill

Last edited:

Rawfa

I really liked the photos. Ops, I mean the photos look horrible and I think you really should sell the camera...to someone in Spain, maybe?
Call me crazy but they look a bit like the DP1's. There's just something about them.
Did you use the dynamic range mode? How is the handling? Does it have a good exposure compensation live view?

Last edited:

arashm

These images look good.
Did you have to set any exposure comp? or is this straight out of the camera?
thank and hope you feel better
am

J

JCdeR

I can see myself ending up with a huge collection of compact digital cameras....

Terry

The photos look good except I'm not convinced on the sky that seems a bit too cyan for me. Not sure if you had another camera with you to compare against.

fordfanjpn

All these shots were done in Auto EXR mode with AWB. No exposure compensation. All I did in LR was add a little clarity and vibrance. Here's one of the shots redone with the WB set in LR, and the same shot (slightly OOF) with the DP1.

Bill

Last edited:

Martin S

Great shots fordfanjpn.

The shots from the Fuji, and DP1 are both good to very good, but show different color values. There are more greenish tones in the first image. See the water tones, and foliage at the right.

Almost looks like they were taken in two different seasons - spring vs. winter.

Hmm.

Which one is closest to the real color values??

Glad that felt well enough to get out, and shoot.

Martin

Rawfa

The DP1 still shows more dynamic range (look at the shadows on the wood fence), but the Fuji shows more detail and richer colors (done in post?). The dynamic range on the Fuji looks visibly better than average though.

fordfanjpn

I can't say I'm particularly impressed with the colors, but I have only been shooting in full auto mode so far. I'll try a few more things today, but then I'm going to stop messing around and just see if I can take some pics that I like. If anyone would like to have the original full size jpegs of any of this stuff to play with, just let me know and we can work something out.

Here's one of the shrine shots redone in PS with Nik Color Efex and Silver Efex.

Bill

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

Great shots fordfanjpn.

The shots from the Fuji, and DP1 are both good to very good, but show different color values. There are more greenish tones in the first image. See the water tones, and foliage at the right.

Almost looks like they were taken in two different seasons - spring vs. winter.

Hmm.

Which one is closest to the real color values??

Glad that felt well enough to get out, and shoot.

Martin
I'd say that the colors from the DP1 are probably closer to reality. To be honest, I had the settings wrong on the DP1, and since I was concentrating on the F200 at the time, I didn't even notice until I got home. SPP did a good job of saving the DP1 shot, but it could have been better. I guess that will teach me not to go out shooting when I'm sick. :(

Bill

Lili

Bill, I am very impressed with both the colors and detail captured. As to the issues with the DP-1 shot, I understand how hard it is to focus when ill.
Please take care of yourself
HUGZ
Lili

fordfanjpn

Bill, I am very impressed with both the colors and detail captured. As to the issues with the DP-1 shot, I understand how hard it is to focus when ill.
Please take care of yourself
HUGZ
Lili
Thanks Lili, I appreciate the kind words. To be honest, I was quite disappointed with myself for spacing out with the DP1. I've been to two different doctors so far, with no success. I'm going to try another doctor tomorrow.

Bill

Rawfa

Bill, you have to get some rest. It's the only way to go. From mid January to Mid February I've had 3 bad colds with high fever with a week space between them. All because I really hate staying still once I'm starting to get better. Rest is the way to go.

Rawfa

I've found some high iso picts on flickr.

iso 1600

iso 800

iso 1600

iso 800

I don't know the settings but looking at these pictures makes me feel that the F200EXR is not THAT much of a low light bad a** after all.

Rawfa

Ah, wait! I just saw that there is a 4000 x 3000 view size available for each photo, which would imply that the person who took these photos was not using the EXR high iso mode (since resolution "gets cut in half").