The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Like to see some G10 images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay I would like to see some G10 shots and maybe folks can give me there impressions of the G10 also. :D

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Guy,
The G10 is a wonderful camera. It's a little bigger than
most other cameras in it's class but ot's also the most
durable.

The lens, tho shorter than the G9, is much more contrastier.
This is more important than sharpness but itis sharper
the the 9 also. The camera makes use of it's large
files and. noise is acceptable to 400 and even 800 will
work in color with some NR.

The viewfinder is no better than the 9 and is a waste
of space. The camera has a decent layout for controlls
but is more habit forming than intuitive.

The screen is bright and easy to see details even riding
on my Harley with a neckstrap.
The releasw is easy to fire and It fired a few times when I
was just checking exposure etc.

The af is fast, accurate and even in low light, it will lock
on target rather quicky....

It's a little less elegant than some other cameras but it's
the only one that feels real solid and
maybe professional.

I sold mine because I don't like zoomies. I got the DP1
and the GX200. I am already looking for another G10
because I now realize it was a miatake to sell it.

PS... The battery life is awesome. I did 2 missions, about
750 frames and only 1/2 of the battery was used.
don

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Don, I played with one in Moab actually and i actually liked it because it was big. The Leica and Pana are to small for me and they are uncomfortable to hold. Afraid to drop the darn thing. LOL
I also like the analog controls of the G10. The compensation button is great just dial in what you need. I am a dial man if you know what i mean. Coming from the M8 and DMR with simple to think controls and now MF everything is dial it in. I am a throwback shooter and like mechanical things or things that are simple to push around. Thanks your description is what I wanted to hear.

Guy Mancuso

BTW i wanted a camera that i can use C1 for several reasons. One is i am a expert raw processing machine and C1 has been my tool for years and second C1 does a nice job on noise for many camera's and I am sure I can control some of that with processing. I just went through the G1 , lovely camera but raw processing the files is not my cup of tea with the programs for it. I like to use only ONE raw processing software and to me that is how you really learn a program and can get the most out of your files. I can use others but more crap on my machines which i try to keep the machines very simple. Too much and there is always conflicts in your systems plus it also makes your systems faster with less junk on them. When I teach my mantra is try them all , find what you like than work it to death with regards to the raw processing program you use. Jumping around will only hurt you in the long run.