The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji 200 EXR images at dpreview.com

Martin S

They posted some images from both pre-production, production cameras including some comparisons of hr, dr, and sn modes.

Perhaps a complete review is not too far off??

Martin

Martin S

Miracles are hard to do.

I'd settle for some improved dr, and low light sensitivity.

At least Fuji has recognized some of the problems with small sensor P&S, and has tried to address them.

Martin

R

Reproster

Hi, there!
funny camera...
downloaded pics and compared in photoshop...sensor with potential... but from optical stand point the corners are crappppy ;(...

why they try to avoid optical laws.........

why they don't release such cameras with little-bit larger but better optical elements.........

with good glasssss even 6 mpix will be enought!!!

mazor

does not really impress me. suspect the F31Fd or F30 would still do the same job for low light, and even has the same MP in low light.

MAzor

Lili

I have had the F31 and save for one image, the church, I feel the new camera does as well and perhaps better than my old f31 would've.
Add SD card compatibility, IS, and a much more useful zoom range as well as being new and in-warranty, it appears to be a winner.
And that is with pixel-peeping the original files

Tim

I can see a place or niche for this camera. Not everyone wants to process RAW files and if it can squeeze some more dynamic range or NR from an in camera jpg by some creative uses of the CCD then I think its got a place in the market.

As Lili mentioned you get IS and more zoom over the F31. The IS0 800 sample didnt look too bad IMHO, maybe the release firmware will be even better?

N

nei1

Is it obvious to everyone else how this camera takes 2 images at the same time?I dont quite get it.Or is it just taking one and inventing the other.

Will

Is it obvious to everyone else how this camera takes 2 images at the same time?I dont quite get it.Or is it just taking one and inventing the other.
I presume it sets half the sensors to as slightly different sensitivity. So the high dynamic range images are half the pixel size.

mazor

wouldn't it be interesting if someone made a camera that had a prism in it to split the image into 3, so it could have 3 separate sensors each with one color filter and hence no need for bayer interpolation, and having 3 sensors instead one could improve dynamic range and sensor noise!

I know they have done this with Video cameras, denoted with "3 CCD" but why not on a digital camera.

MAzor

Rawfa

wouldn't it be interesting if someone made a camera that had a prism in it to split the image into 3, so it could have 3 separate sensors each with one color filter and hence no need for bayer interpolation, and having 3 sensors instead one could improve dynamic range and sensor noise!

I know they have done this with Video cameras, denoted with "3 CCD" but why not on a digital camera.

MAzor
In a way isn't that how a foveon sensor works? :)

Martin S

Rawfa
A Foveon sensor doesn't use a prism. The sensor has 3 separate layers each of which is sensitive to red, green, or blue light. The claimed advantage is that each pixel location will respond to the appropriate color of the subject without the need for Beyer interpolation.

There are many discussions as to whether any significant improvement will be noted in color fidelity as compared to the Beyer pattern of photosites.

Hope this helps.

Martin

N

nei1

I presume it sets half the sensors to as slightly different sensitivity. So the high dynamic range images are half the pixel size.
Im sure youre right Will,but as it can only take one image then the other is a copy using the unused sensors,if its a copy why not use the 12 and copy 12?Would be nice to see an explanation of all this.All will soon be revealed Im sure.