The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blackberry Passport

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've got a new mobile phone, a Blackberry Passport Silver. Great phone for people like me. I didn't expect much from the camera, but it seems pretty good, and it has one great feature: It shoots square photos to fit the fantastic square screen of the Passport. It's a 200g Rolleihasselflexblad :D

mazor

nice night shot, is that image stabilized?

Is the sensor in the Passport a native square sensor, or does it crop real time into a square?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
nice night shot, is that image stabilized?

Is the sensor in the Passport a native square sensor, or does it crop real time into a square?
The camera has OIS, and it seems to work extremely well. Unfortunately, the sensor is just a run-of-the-mill 4:3 aspect ratio, 13MP sensor that is reduced to 9MP when shooting in square format. Still, the shooting experience is like that of a square format camera since the screen is large (4.5") and square with a resolution of 1,440 x 1,440 (453 PPI). Lens is f/2.0.