The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Huge Dilemma

J

JCdeR

How one can get attached to something as banal as a camera ..... must have something to do with age no?

Hmmm Lili, not implying anything about your age, just referring to myself here....

Tim

Can I suggest another way to help decide. Look at the pictures, the results from the cameras. :confused:

Which one has produced the most keepers or compelled you to take good or great images? :bugeyes: Maybe that is the one to keep.

I've sold a few cameras that had a high yield rate and they are the ones I should have kept :mad:

J

JCdeR

Tim, thats what I did in the end actually .... looked at keepers and although more versatile the GX200 didn't produce nearly as many keepers as my GRD

S

SimonL

Sell some of the Nikon stuff, you obviously value it less than the Ricohs

J

JCdeR

Simon, I'm selling quite a lot of stuff at the moment. I will only keep my 2 D60' couple of lenses and focus on "small" cameras. All the big heavy stuff is being sold. I am actually amazed how well Nikon stuff keeps it's value.

Not sure wether I will get the GX again though, I will look at the DP-2 and wait for the GR-D III if this ever comes.
I will also test the Pani LX3 again ....

In photography one keeps on going!

O

Oxide Blu

That's the way I'm going, too, except I am keeping my manual Zeiss lenses and Nikon film body. All of the digital/electric stuff is being off'd, keeping only the little bitty digital cameras ... and loving it!!!