The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung S7 snaps

Thorkil

the best is that you just tap the home key twice, without unlocking, camera started, tab the screen where you want to focus (if you want specific area), tap the camerabutton, done. Focus is snap-quick. Wonderful fast and easy.

thorkil

I would be very interested in Samsung S7 vs. Iphone 6s vs. Sony Xperia Z5 comparison shots or reports of those people who had one or two of them.

I use currently a Sony Xperia Z1 compact and want to upgrade either to the newest Sony (because I like a lot how they adapt the Android OS), Samsung S7 or Iphone 6s.

The image quality, AF speed and shutter delay are the most important factors.

Thorkil

In my world its very speedy, takes about 2,4 sec. from closed phone to picture taken, with camera on its about 0,4 sec. from tapping to picture taken, and AF, apart from being ultrafast, seems spot on everytime. Just a sheer joy to use!

San Giorgi di Valpolicella

thorkil

Thorkil

thanks, Mazor. I'm tempted, but maybe too embarrassed to call it my best camera, but it's always there, it couldn't be more easy/simple and fast, and its ok sharp and with ok image quality...in comparison, the Leica ME almost gives you headache
(but I know...limitations...but still...), and with the Nikon to be a bit dull, but effective...and size
:)
Thorkil

Vadim Piottukh

Before the first spring thunderstorm. Novosibirsk suburb. Panorama 5 vertical photos stitched in AutoPano Giga. Apr 22, 2016. Samsung Galaxy S7, RAW.

Vadim Piottukh

Evening cityscape. Academgorodok, Novosibirsk. Cross of the Lavrentiev ave. and Koptyug ave. Panorama 2 photos. Apr 11, 2016. Samsung Galaxy S7.

mazor

The s7 seems to be a truly remarkable phone, so much so I ended up getting myself s7edge. The main difference seems to be the larger screen with dual edges for eye candy and the Much desired larger battery.

snapseed-16.jpg

Here is a shot I captured last week using the s7edge dng capture and snapseed processing.

rayyan

Thorkil, you are getting some excellent results there pal. Beautiful color/texture.:clap:

Mazor, you too my friend.

Regards to you both.

Thorkil

Right now the largest woman’s conference in the world – Women deliver – is taken place in Copenhagen.
And also right now we are south of Copenhagen in the art museum Arken where Niki Saint Phalle is ruling….

thorkil